Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is ELO hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

02-04-2013

I agree with the notion that elo is a real thing, but only because I played in 800 elo for the beginning of S2 and got up to mid/upper 1400 elo in S3. I can speak from experience that the people who play in lower than 1k elo make the game harder.
They rage more, and are generally not as experienced as the 1200 crew, so winning games becomes a much greater challenge.

However, I should state that elo hell isn't a place where you cannot possibly win games. That's not true, you can win games. I got out of 800 elo to 1360 at the end of season 2 by playing support. So yeah...
Elo hell just means that a majority of the players you encounter will either be ragers or they will be inexperienced, so winning the game is harder. Would I say it's impossible to get out? No.

markd315

05-30-2013

Hmm. Well I'm a bit of a noob I guess, only level 28 (so no ranked yet). And I honestly think this is where I'm at. I've lost 8 games in a row now after that last one. I've either won my lane or outjungled in 7 of the 8 games. In one I was doing well, but me and the ally Zed threw. In all of the others I've had at least one feeder that ruins the game. I'm not a bad player. I almost always win my lane when I solo lane. In one top went AFK and I had to abandon jungle. In one I picked AP Yi mid because they had no hard cc (I was 4th pick) and the 5th pick picked diana, and insisted on staying mid (she was the most toxic player I've ever played with, criticizing everything from picks and bans to dragon timing, needless to say she lost midlane). I had to support (the role I don't play) as master Yi (not a support) with dorans ring to start. Needless to say we lost. It's really depressing. I'm going to try again after dinner.

I've carried 6 of these 8 games and lost every one. What the elo hell is going on? I don't even WANT to play any more. Do I just have bad luck? I haven't gotten first win of the day for almost 3 days now...

Sereg Anfaug

05-30-2013

Heh, I hit a rough losing streak recently too. It happens. It's not elo hell, it's statistics.

markd315

05-30-2013

Quote:
Sereg Anfaug:
Heh, I hit a rough losing streak recently too. It happens. It's not elo hell, it's statistics.

Alright, thanks for the semi-comforting words.

spartanfan17

05-30-2013

Bronze V

InvisibleC

08-01-2013

im tired of elo hell i played about 250 games now in it and i keep getting feeders afkers and people who suck i go on a win streak then i go on a lose streak cause it pairs me up with people that lose all the time and im tired of it people who are good should get paired with other good players not these feeders and people who wont engage in teamfights

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

08-02-2013

One, please don't necro. Two, you do need to realize that there's a reason you're getting matched with 'people who suck'. (Hint, we all suck to varying degrees, and for various reasons. You simply need to figure out what you're doing wrong and fix it.)

Umekigoe

08-04-2013

I have played 7 ranked games. Every game I had someone was around 2/9 (Like actually EVERY SINGLE GAME) and if there isn't a feeder that was hyper feeding. We had a leaver, plus my team is always so negative. And Not enough of my friends are lvl 30 to have complete ranked team. For some reason I always think that the feeders are like coming down from Gold or something. Trying to keep the bronze players in bronze.

Thaiboxer87

08-04-2013

Quote:
Stillhart:
One of the best ways to "get out of ELO hell" is to dual-queue. Or so I hear.

I really have mixed feeling about that.... it'd make sense since having a duo meaning( in theory ), you r 20% less likely to have a troll/afker/rager/. but from my experience.....my duo, half the time IS the troll/afker/rager.....which is twice as frustrating as having a random player going troll.
I give up on duo...and I won 5 outta last 6 ranked games.

Athroes

08-04-2013

Quote:
InvisibleC:
im tired of elo hell i played about 250 games now in it and i keep getting feeders afkers and people who suck i go on a win streak then i go on a lose streak cause it pairs me up with people that lose all the time and im tired of it people who are good should get paired with other good players not these feeders and people who wont engage in teamfights

After 250 games, you deserve where you belong, if you've been there for awhile.