What is ELO hell?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lex Talionias

03-11-2012

elo hell exists below the 1100 range, it is real. now at this level everyone suck but you play noobs and fools too so it SHOULD be easy to get out. except it isn't for a very real reason.

to escape elo hell you must pass the 1100-1300 rang where you have every single new lvl 30 entering the ranked. regardless of their skill they are always 1200 elo, so winning at this level has NOTHING to do with skill. it is all based on dumb luck that their team sucks and your team dosn't. so to put it simply elo hell some people rocket out of without even playing 10 games, others find themselves paired up with a 12yr old who used xp boots to reach lvl 30 in a week and still only owns 2 characters.

that is the true elo hell.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

03-11-2012

Why... for JP's sake... why is this thread still getting constantly necroed?

Edit: I'm pretty sure it's because people respond to the OP, sometimes nothing more than the title, without ever reading another post...

TwistWrist

03-11-2012

Because they don't allow you to lock things.

Lex Talionias

03-11-2012

my own expierence in elo hell consisted in reaching 1300 in my first few game. immediately after that i got paired with several 'cat teams' which is a term i use for a team that WILL NOT group up no matter what, this in a team fight is kinda brutal when they are all 3v5 or 5v1 then 5v1 then 5v2 and so on... now im at 1100, i just lost a game even though i got 10 kills by 20min in what was a pretty slow round, but our shen balanced that out with 10 deaths of his own.

after that our ad carry faced checked bushes the rest of the round till we lost at 35min. at 1100-1300 skill is only how well you can fight against the torrent of **** that the 'play ranked' button dumps you into. i have played truly awful (and drunk) yet still won games, today i was at the top of my game and still lost badly to a very average team.

wallsh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2012

elo hell: you get in you never get out

mercykil1er

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-21-2012

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only elo hell. we are all trolls who struggle in this hell. -_-

Skibbie

03-21-2012

(BEST) way to get out of elo hell its to add anyone who is amazing on the other team or yours(and also if they want to even add you) and play duo with them. Got me from 982 to 1340 in only two days(ya i play alot) haha

Knight of Virtue

03-21-2012

ELO Hell = LoL gambling. There isn't a guaranteed way out of it but duo queuing helps a lot. Find a partner and then try to pick roles such as jungle and/or mid lane that can gank and support your other lanes if needed.

ELO Hell can be extremely hard to get out of, but if you're truly skilled you should eventually get out of it (might take a few hundred games though if you're very unlucky).

SexY AsIan Boi

04-21-2012

I have a 1199 elo is that really low??

IS13a2e0732031ca

04-21-2012

BEST ADVICE EVER for anyone who wants to get out of ELO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStein View Post
I must say I agree with Panzerfaust, but lets face it that one of the best things about getting your first lvl 30 is getting to try out the ranked games. Those people that are getting in to ranked for the first time may not be use to the different play style there and may only be good with one type of champ.

I don't know if I'm the best person to be giving advice on how to get out of ELO Hell but here it is.
1) Buy some champs that can fill each roll and that are not banned that often, if your only jungler is amumu you wont be able to take the roll of jungler because he is often banned same with gang plank or twisted fate
2)Be willing to play the unappreciated support champ and be willing to let the carries get most of the cs and kills over you, my experience with lower ELO games is that people dislike playing the support champ and having one on the team can make a huge difference in how your team does; also some of the newer players to ranked more then likely don't understand how to play support properly so dont try to force someone into that roll unless u really want a feeder.
3)Having a positive attitude can keep you from getting into the funk, you just have to accept it that at 1200 ELO you are going to have to deal with trolls, newbs, and ragers in a lot of your games and you just can't let them take the fun out of the game or the trolls win and no one wants that.
4)Queing with a friend can help out a lot, having that friends with you makes the game more enjoyable; or it does for me; and it also takes a seat away from someone that may/maynot be a troll.
5)If you happen to just steamroll your way to victory ask some of the people on your team if they would be up for an other game, this is a great way to get more friends and you can help each-other fight out of ELO Hell

I hope that this will help some one out there and best of luck on raising that ELO

ps: I just broke the 1300ELO mark where 57 of my 79 game I played Soraka because no one else wanted to play support, people at lower ELO really HATE playing support.