I just am plain and simply awful...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cptgungho

08-12-2014

I've been playing about a week now. Mostly against AI. Today I tried moving up to a few more games of PVP and I did absolutely horrible.

I know it takes time to get good at anything but sheesh, even when we win, it's clear by looking at what I do versus what others do in the games that it's my team that wins, not I.

Isamichi

08-12-2014

Well that's how you learn =]
you're gonna suck when you start something new. but the idea of getting better and playing better should help you push through it.

Just ask the people you play with for advice and tips after the game.
Ask them in-game for quick tips like what items to get or how to fight the enemy or what your role in a teamfight is.

Believe me, it's better that way then it is to lose the game and THEN ask. people AT LEAST respect someone that's trying to get better =]

hh the thinker

08-12-2014

you can send me an invite, and I could watch your game and see what you need to improve on.

EliteXElite1

08-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by hh the thinker View Post
you can send me an invite, and I could watch your game and see what you need to improve on.
No, at his level people work together
at your level, you're going to be wanting to solo.
What he does will not work for you.
You decide what you do, I sent you a request, tell me what lane you play if you want, I'll tell you the basics (general skill) for that lane. After that, tell me the champion and I'll tell you the preferred playstyle by many people for success for that champion (my champion pool is limited to 70 champions, sorry if you ask about a champion I'm unfamiliar with.)

StopComps

08-12-2014

God i feel like a ****** spamming Knight Gaming everywhere in the new player forum, but you should try it out. Near 100 members, ranks from noobies such as yourself to diamond.
And you said you've been playing a week against ai? That probably means you don't even have flash. If it's your first MOBA, you probably have no understanding of mechanical ability, and the tutorial probably flew right over your head. Yea dont worry, use the forums to find someone and someone out there will teach you. I would help, if you happen to be on at the same time as me.

CorporalKiller

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-12-2014

I've been playing this game for four months i know how you feel just try playing one champion a lot and try to master it. When i first started i had no idea what i was doing and i actually quit for a month because i was so bad if you need some help add me ill play a few games with you and show you the basics

EliteXElite1

08-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporalKiller View Post
I've been playing this game for four months i know how you feel just try playing one champion a lot and try to master it. When i first started i had no idea what i was doing and i actually quit for a month because i was so bad if you need some help add me ill play a few games with you and show you the basics
lol, do not do this
you will have no knowledge of enemy champion skills
At only 200 games played I had knowledge of every skill of every champion (including urgot because of those free weeks)
do not main just one champion, while maining a champion is fine, you have to learn what each champion does, how each item effects, and even to make your own masteries in a draft/ranked game to prioritize on the enemy

cptgungho

08-12-2014

Thanks everyone for the advice! Really appreciated!

I should add that my cousin convinced me to play LoL. I play Lord of the Rings Online and he told me about League and I decided to give it a try.

The basic mechanics aren't what gives me trouble, like how to move, level skills, take down turrets etc.

A lot of what gives me problems is not knowing the champions. I suppose that can only come with time. The more I play each champion and face each champion, the more I'll know their weaknesses and strengths.

Pvt Yong Tai

08-12-2014

I'd like to synthesize what's been said in this thread, as CorporalKiller and EliteXElite1 are both correct to some degree. Make sure that you try out most if not all of the champions through the free weeks. By trying them out you not only get a feel for what champs you like but you also become slightly familiar with each champion. Once you've done that, weed out the champs that you don't like. Play some champs that stuck out to you. From there, choose one or two champions as your main and really master that champion. Why is this the best route?

By trying all the champions, you get a large feel for the game and it forces you to get out of your comfort zone. By the time you most of the champions, I estimate that you will have played around 300 games. That's a fair amount of games to start. By then you will have a decent sense for the game. However, always going around playing champions you barely know how to play will not get you very far after you've tried them all. By mastering a champion, you learn the tiniest details of the game through that character: good positioning, good timing, proper itemization, optimal runes and masteries, etc. That is what CorporalKiller was trying to get at. Focus on getting good with champions that you like. League of Legends will be much more fun for you that way.

cptgungho

08-13-2014

Well I bought Shen this morning. Plan on playing him quite a bit. He was a champion I've been looking at getting since I first started and I've got a decent idea of how to best use him.

Just played a quick bot game as I'm off to work, but I plan on playing some team builder 5v5 matches when I get home. Pretty darn excited!

Oh and thanks to everyone in this thread so far whose added me in the game and given me advice. The farming tips and how to last hit have greatly increased my playing.

One quick question before I leave. How do you perform all the different types of pings? Especially with me playing Shen, if I'm about to teleport to a player I want to be able to ping them quickly so they know I'm on the way.

Thanks and have fun all!