need help ( Thresh)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LaZy HuNtHeR

03-07-2014

Hi guys, I just start to play with Thresh (cause he's free this week) so i play it support ap like a lot pf poeple , but my friends told me to play it ad or adc , so what better help me guys:/

JarOfSARS

03-07-2014

Thresh should definitely be support. Start with a gold item or Doran's Shield, then get a Sightstone. Then just build standard support tank items like Aegis and Talisman of Ascension.

xavran

03-07-2014

According to the current meta (What most people consider to be how the game is supposed to work) Thresh is considered a tankier support. What your friends are telling you goes against the meta and that kind of play should be saved until you have a better understanding of the champion's ins and outs. If you want to play support Thresh, simply go bot lane with the ADC (As the current meta calls for.) and begin doing support like things. Let the ADC take the farm as well as the champ kills, ward dragon every chance you get (Always have a sightstone on you. You can have a ward trinket early game, but switch to ward detector when you get the sightstone), call MIA if an enemies missing, and generally make things easier for your team. As thresh make sure your team knows how to grab your lantern, I typically build tanky(Make sure you look at whether the enemy team is AD or AP so you can build accordingly), and learn how to control everyone. When trying to get an enemy close so an ADC or APC can kill it, use your hook to grab him, pull toward the desired location, when you see the enemy champ slide closer to you twice press Q again to pull yourself toward him. Once you do this throw an E with your cursor in the direction of the desired location and you should have covered enough ground for the damage dealer to basically melt the opponent. I've practiced this on bots for a while until it became second nature. Keep playing him and try to look up some of the other techniques that Thresh has. There is so many different strats to use that can completely turn the tide of battle.