What happened to spectating?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stevie Bea

08-17-2014

Hello all.

Normally the first thing I do when I log into LoL is spectate a game ( usually one of the ones shown in the window featuring diamond ranks ) and grab a snack. I noticed today though, upon logging on, there was no window to spectate ( seemed to be replaced with information about the "2014 season" and upon trying to spectate my friends it constantly declined me the option to do so. Does anybody know if Riot disabled spectating/why if they did? I really like to spectate a game and reboot before I begin playing because when I don't I tend to crash during my first game.

Hoping for answers,
Stevie Bea.

Millea

08-17-2014

it seems to be down at the moment. They haven't announced anything about it so i suspect that there is a server issue. It doesn't work for me either.

Canada007

08-17-2014

Yes, I'm having the same problem now for about 4 hours. I tried re-installing the client from scratch and that didn't work. Same error, something about not being able to find that game. Tried many different times at different games to see if I can spectate. Still no go.
I went to the server status page and it is all green lights.
I figured Riot doesn't know yet until enough people complain. Figure I post something to confirm the problem.

Will7003

08-18-2014

Yes you are all right. The spectating option is currently down and has been confirmed though the message given the players at the Home Screen. Just wait it out patiently since Riot is doing live maintenance to itís servers and game.

@will7003

myfantasys

08-18-2014

http://www.twitch.tv/myfantasys

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ ALLAHU DICK**** AKBARヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ