Loved Master Yi's jungle buff, but he needs cc reduction on his ult.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keitterman

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkin Demon View Post
Would be more balanced than the game is in it's current state ;]
But when you lose as Yi, would you still come to the forums and ask for buffs?

I think you would....

PerfidiousAlbion

02-19-2013

I agree that Yi needs something. However, making him highly resistant to CC would likely break him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
Except if you're any good at all, you can avoid most CCs as Master Yi.
Except that you can only use Alpha Strike to dodge skillshot CC's. Any targeted CC just takes effect when Alpha Strike ends. As such it can't be used to dodge a large portion of CC.

It's also his gap closer, so frequently you can't afford to save it even in the event your opponents have skillshot CC you need to dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravísTouchdown View Post
Remove his ap ratios ans replace them with ad ratios. Give meditate an immediate heal and clanse effect like gps orange. There..problem solved
Frankly a rework is what I'd like for Yi too. Either change his W to some kind of survival skill that's actually useful to AD Yi (like a spell shield or some such thing) or change his passive/E to something that's actually useful to AP Yi. As it is his AD build is far too easily countered and his AP build is far too niche. Make one of them work even if it means dissolving the other.

IS1f715232b540cb2fffcee

02-19-2013

highlander does make you immune to slows and alphastike makes you shortly untargetable. with yi you can work around cc, his problem is that he is squishy. Imo riot should reduce the armor and heal significantly but let him walk and autoattack during it.

PerfidiousAlbion

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiIipz View Post
highlander does make you immune to slows and alphastike makes you shortly untargetable. with yi you can work around cc, his problem is that he is squishy. Imo riot should reduce the armor and heal significantly but let him walk and autoattack during it.
You can't be targeted by new CC during Alpha Strike but if I've a stun already in transit then Yi using Alpha Strike won't pop the projectile. The stun just triggers when Alpha Strike ends. Hence it only lets you dodge skillshot CC. Targeted CC either hits him anyway or is forced to wait one second while Alpha Strike plays out and then use their CC on you. Alpha Strike isn't in anyway a solution to targeted CC.

Highlander's immunity to slows and Alpha Strike being a gap closer makes it impossible to kite Yi, but he's still done for if he's stunned/rooted/knocked up. Yi is either far too strong or far too weak depending on the absence/presence of counters. Unfortunately any well built team will have at least a couple of counters to Yi, hence he's relegated to pubstomper status.

Dark Kuno

02-20-2013

his ult already makes him completely immune to one form of cc, it doesn't need any further CC negation/reduction mechanics added to it.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkin Demon View Post
I know all the tricks with alpha strike to dodge aoe/cc/karth ult type stuff. Nobody's going to make the perfect play every time though, and cc is an issue for every yi player. I don't care what you say, because we both know it's true lol
Alpha Striking isn't what I'm talking about.
He has THE longest speed boost in the game. You can, I don't know, like, maybe, hmm...use it...?

He is immune to slows, and you are fast enough to avoid all skillshot CCs. So the only sure-fire way to stop him is targeted CCs, and you can avoid those too by simply waiting for them to be used before entering a fight.

Not to mention the fact that you went 13-4, 3-0, and 13-6 in the last three of your Yi games. Good train of thought.

"Hmm...I went 13-4, with one unstoppable and one 10 kill legendary spree. But...there is something missing here. Oh, right. Yes. He needs to be stronger."

Yeah, that's the ticket...

TealNinje

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRal View Post
Alpha Striking isn't what I'm talking about.
He has THE longest speed boost in the game. You can, I don't know, like, maybe, hmm...use it...?

He is immune to slows, and you are fast enough to avoid all skillshot CCs. So the only sure-fire way to stop him is targeted CCs, and you can avoid those too by simply waiting for them to be used before entering a fight.

Not to mention the fact that you went 13-4, 3-0, and 13-6 in the last three of your Yi games. Good train of thought.

"Hmm...I went 13-4, with one unstoppable and one 10 kill legendary spree. But...there is something missing here. Oh, right. Yes. He needs to be stronger."

Yeah, that's the ticket...
If you'd kept up with the thread, you'd notice that he's on his secondary smurf account.

He's playing against people with literally 1/100th as much experience as he has. He's literally that disgraceful.