Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spectator Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ll Balance ll

02-18-2013

Hey Riot, this is kind of just a thought. Often times I find myself spectating games were I want to be able to post feed back to people. I think that we should be able to honor or report people when we are spectating. I don't know about you but when I see someone do awesome in spectator mode I want them to know. I also think that like in game chat you can talk to everyone in there, that it would be cool if we could do that in spectator mode. Except you can message other summoners who are spectating the same game. Talk about awesome plays or talk strategy with future team mates for learning experiences. These are just some thoughts. I hope you will consider looking into them. I think it would improve your game and allow more players to benefit from spectating a little more.

Anyone think this is a good idea??

Also Thanks for viewing I look forward to seeing what other summoners have to say about the idea. XD

Romantic Metro

02-19-2013

lol you actually can talk to the players and others. Just type into the chat box /r insert name or /msg insert name. So you and your friends could spectate the game together. If you have a team that's organized you could skype and all spectate the same game and talk on skype. Like the thinking though

ll Balance ll

02-19-2013

I know skype is beneficial but I was looking at a feature like chatting with other people you don't know who are watching the same game. So it's not /r and /w to talk to friends but randoms watching the same game. It's more like in game chat that you have on summoners rift.

Romantic Metro

02-19-2013

I'm picking up what you're putting down mate. That would be cool to have as well. If I could I would +1 ya again

ll Balance ll

02-19-2013

Lol thanks.

Capt Poro Snax

02-19-2013

I like the idea but i think you would have that one guy. you know the guy that screams at the people on the tv like they can hear him, blowing up the chat.

ll Balance ll

02-19-2013

Lol I thought about that but you can ignore people in LoL that's one of the great functions that I think keeps many people sane.

Eloquid

02-19-2013

It would be interesting to be able to witness in-game chat at least.