Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Bug? Text on Hecarim W

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frozen333

02-18-2013

[Game][Minor] Hecarim W level up text

Priority: Minor

Description: I believe that the text on Hecarim's W is bugged on the description when choosing to level it up. The "cooldown" portion is listed as " 20% -> 20%" i believe it should have the cooldown duration listed instead. Just to be double clear it is not the text on the skill itself, but on the description of how the skill is improved by putting another point in it. Thanks!

Repro steps.
1. Level up on Hecarim.
2. Read W description for how the skill is improved with each point.

Sorry for the wrong formatting of the original post!

MugenNightmare

02-19-2013

It's a nerf which they're testing (and should revert because it will make Hecarim ****ing useless!) so the text isn't updated.

namora

02-19-2013

Quote:
MugenNightmare:
It's a nerf which they're testing (and should revert because it will make Hecarim ****ing useless!) so the text isn't updated.

I think he's talking about the actual cool-down duration numbers not showing in the upgrade scale. Of course he could definitely be talking about what you're talking about as well, but they way he phrased it as cooldown instead of lifestealing awesomeness makes me feel it's definitely just a tooltip error.

Edit 1: by the way, great find, it's the small details that get overlooked and never found.

~Summoner namora, of the lower case.

Frozen333

02-19-2013

Definitely meant it being a tooltip error :]

Thanks for the compliment! I was so giddy after finding it that it made falling asleep difficult.

tsubakainoue

02-19-2013

Although this may seem like a tooltip error its working as intended.

Hecarim's W starts at 18 sec CD take 20% off the next rank makes it 16.2 seconds so on and so forth. Just tested to the best of my ability (due to the fact that Hecarim has been crashing games).

Frozen333

02-19-2013

I completely understand that it is reducing the CD by 20% but can you think of any other spells that do that? Think of how much easier it is to weigh out the EXACT benefit of putting an additional point in the skill vs doing some rough math of 20% of what it currently is on top of any other CDR you may have or be building. I think it's a bug because this is the only skill I've seen scripted this way. But I could be wrong.