Horrible latency spikes, oh my!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rakkasah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

So every so often, while playing, my ping tends to bump up to around 900-2000+, and hover there for about 5-6 seconds. It's become a joke among my friends because it always seems to crop up around teamfights, and renders me pretty worthless. [No I'm not saying its teamfights, nor some ridiculous conspiracy.]

Sometimes it happens quite randomly, and after it ends, my ping drops down to 70-80 again. Pinging other sites shows no latency [google is 20ms, for example!], and other websites load just fine, while most of the time my league of legends website won't load at all [endless refreshing loop, blank page]. None of my other friends seem to be having this problem, but I did find another thread related to latency spikes. Do you guys think its related to that, at all?

usdjf

02-18-2013

Well, at least you can actually get into a game. My problem is much worse, trust me.

Have you tried running your client as administrator, using Game Booster, and closing all other programs while playing?

Rakkasah

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdjf View Post
Well, at least you can actually get into a game. My problem is much worse, trust me.

Have you tried running your client as administrator, using Game Booster, and closing all other programs while playing?
Yeah, this is kind of a recent thing [like a month or so], which is what's making me think it's related to that other person's problem.

I always run in admin [kind of a habit now], and don't ever use programs like Game Booster. :C

usdjf

02-18-2013

Well, in that case, is anybody else using the same internet connection as you? Family members, leeching neighbors, and whatnot?

Rakkasah

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdjf View Post
Well, in that case, is anybody else using the same internet connection as you? Family members, leeching neighbors, and whatnot?
My mum is usually on the internet, but we don't have any problems outside of League. It's literally only league and league-associated things [the website]. Other sites/games run fine.

Rakkasah

02-19-2013

Bump, please help! D:

RFChris

02-19-2013

I'll refer you to this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2846899. I have been having very similar issues where my ping stays at 80-90 and spikes to around 200-300 for about 4-5 seconds. It hasn't gotten any better but this 135 page thread has caught the attention of Riot reds. Maybe it could help.