Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why isn't the camera the same for purple as it is for blue?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

angryWelchMan

02-18-2013

Sorry if I'm being dense but I have never had this problem so I'm trying to understand it
In the image below the circle represented the players (in their color) the boxes are the area in the screen and the green is the action area. As it shows both players can see the action area the same. If you mean in a different area of the map let me know so I can draw the map again or draw on your own (I just google image searched for the basic map and drew on it with paint)

Noctes setcoN

02-19-2013

It's alright, let me try and explain this more in-depth.

The way that map appears there in that image is NOT how it appears in game. It is NOT completely top down, it is angled to expose more of what is north of the camera position. Think of it like how you look at your keyboard. You don't look at it from directly above, you're slightly behind it. The camera angle in LoL is similar to that.

Because of this, blue has an advantage on all parts of the map going up and down, or north and south (their half of top lane, and purple's side of bottom lane). Everywhere else is pretty much exactly the same regardless of what team you're on, or the differences really don't matter much.

Now that I think about it more, I think what would be a better solution is too not allow us to flip the camera all the way around, but instead to allow us to simply reposition it, so instead of going from the bottom left corner to the top right and vice versa, you'd be going left to right, and vice versa, like how the perspective is on Twisted Treeline.

Unbeatabledeath

02-19-2013

guyz guyz guyz..........here the answer to your question....... unlock the damn camera....... seriously if you play with a lock camera than well..... you really really really need to tell your teammates so they can dodge and not play with you.............. seriously dont you know how big of an disadvatage it is to play with a locked screen........... your missing out on so much......]

nvm oo i get what your saying...........well never really bugged me that much so ...yea........

angryWelchMan

02-19-2013

wow I finally get what your saying but I think your wrong. I never noticed this so I just watch like 30 minutes of game play to see if you were right. If anything there is a minor effect on the edge of the screen and I can't see how it hurts you? It just one more mechanic that can be used by both teams equally. I think your just falling for an optical allusion where the center of screen is actually higher then you think it is. Like your think of where the center is on the ground when you should be thinking of the center at the champions height.
Long story short the 2 degress makes no difference your just getting psyched out by it

ll Balance ll

02-19-2013

Or instead of slanting the camera I think that if they made the mid lane a straight center line across map instead of creating an x with the river it would work better.