50 minute game, and shen throws to save a tower!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ominyx

02-18-2013

lol

I don't think enough people understand how unimportant any given turret is unless its the 2 guarding nexus once you pass the 30 minute mark.

For example, even game, 50 minute mark, all are well fed, been back and forth all game and we're up 1 inhib enemy team pushing mid. our yorick tries to get himself killed (ignoring the one thing we said dont get caught, but he needed to shoot one little monster out to deal that extra 100 dmg to risk getting killed, come on guys risk vs reward), so i kayle ult him and we barely escape. team runs back to heal up. shen thinks, "OHNOEZ our turret may die before they homeguard back from fountain, must taunt 5v1 to save it." We proceed to lose game. that's it, no stopping them 5v4 with our tank dead.

Im not pissed, i had a great game, and it was fun.

I see this all too often though, and people need to understand:
1. You didn't save the turret. they killed you in less than 3 seconds, usually 1 or 2.
2. now you are dead, and it's a 5v4 and you're team loses.

tl;dr
no one spell cast is worth risking getting caught 5v1.
no one tower is worth getting killed 5v1 (it'll die either way if that's the case)

People think no duh, but in the moment it decides more long games than I can count.
I'd be interested if anyone can dream up a scenario where it's worth it to get urself instagibbed to save a tower (save it being nexxus turrets)

Amadorhi

02-19-2013

I see it extremely frequently in silverqueue. Have about 20% health. Show yourself to the enemy. Have them chase you in jungle for about 30 seconds as your team re spawns(as long as drag or baron aren't a threat atm). And they get a kill on you(if even that) instead of a turret. I see Garens do it all the damn time. Cant wait till I'm out of #silverqueue. Cant even win on a consistent basis cause nobody plays correctly.

Shesocold

02-19-2013

Tryndamere!

bushviper336

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadorhi View Post
I see it extremely frequently in silverqueue. Have about 20% health. Show yourself to the enemy. Have them chase you in jungle for about 30 seconds as your team re spawns(as long as drag or baron aren't a threat atm). And they get a kill on you(if even that) instead of a turret. I see Garens do it all the damn time. Cant wait till I'm out of #silverqueue. Cant even win on a consistent basis cause nobody plays correctly.

its happen more times then id like in bronze.........which is partly y im only at a 42% win rate...............ill never see anytthing higher then 4...i was 3 at the start of this season. then the afkers the trolls and the ppl like were talking about found their way into my games........ugh