Do people not realize that AP Nasus' Q

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

02-18-2013

Hits for 116 + 110 + 200 (minor Q farm) + 50 + 337 (450 AP w/Lichbane) = 813 mixed damage every 4(2.4)sec? Then you have to also deal with the extra beef on his Spirit Fire and his ult. Unlike SR, you'll actually be able to finish the AP Nasus build on Dom.

DiscworldDeath

02-18-2013

I think they realize you can spend your gold better, rather than get oodles of AP just to fuel a Lich-Bane, when you can do better without a Lichbane to begin with.

I mean, if you have 500 AP and Lichbane, you get to deal a bunch of magic damage, but that doesn't make it an AP build.

They probably realize the gold they spend elsewhere will have them deal more damage overall, and be tankier as well.

MyDeadGrandma

02-18-2013

I regularly go an Apish Nasus build and still turn that sheen into a triforce late game Technically it was a mpen build complemented with hourglass, but the S3 changes mean you've a little extra AP that doesn't really do much.

Chavez Obama

02-18-2013

Maybe there's some secret to playing him, but his early game seems terrible.

MyDeadGrandma

02-18-2013

His E is decent harrass/creep clearing botlane and his wither gives him impunity against AD melees. Like most gimmicks he relies on the stupidity of your opponent more than anything.

Foxley

02-19-2013

I'd only go AP Nasus against heroes like Cassiopeia, Zyra, Urgot, etc.

Might as well safely push the lane and farm and do some cute poke damage with Spirit Fire, since you'd just get wrecked and outpushed if you went AD/tank.

Ikruti

02-19-2013

I usually go P. Ring and do an AP Nasus opener but always transition to AD ending (I prefer IBG, Grez, that sort of thing).

I've tried a full on AP Nasus but I had two major issues, first, felt fairly squishy and second, two big a power curve. I think the two are related. The problem with AP Nasus is that until you get Lichbane, your Q is going to be fairly weak (since you're not getting the AD to help boost it) and all you got is your Spirit Fire and your Fury of the Sands. And if your ult is down...you have one move which you hope they stand in.

Sure, once you build enough AP to make a Lichbane worth it, it's fine, but that's a looooooong time to go with so little to back you up. It's funny, by the time you finally get your Lichbane (and have it be worth more than the base Sheen), your Q should be somewhat farmed.

Maybe it's different now, I tried this out pre-nerf BFT after all. But like I said, my biggest issue is you're putting off a lot of your power till way too late in the game.

EDIT: Also, by opening with P.Ring and getting SF up to 3-4 quickly, I find I can clear waves as well as the best pushers. So it's not like you need to go full on AP in order to hold back a strong pusher like Malz or Brand.

Oh yeah, I haven't done the math on the new Lichbane effect. I know that it used to be that with little to no AP, switching from Sheen to Lichbane actually reduced the effect. They may have fixed that. If so, then please ignore that part of my post.

SuperQuackDuck

02-19-2013

I tried this vs a nunu last night. Wasnt bad, can clear waves easily, but too squishy and you'll probably need to run hybrid pen runes. Will have to try it again with hybrid pen.

General Quackers

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
I tried this vs a nunu last night. Wasnt bad, can clear waves easily, but too squishy and you'll probably need to run hybrid pen runes. Will have to try it again with hybrid pen.
Just focus on MPen and build gear with AP and health on it. RoA, BFT, Rylai's gives you a tremendous amount of health.

SuperQuackDuck

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
Just focus on MPen and build gear with AP and health on it. RoA, BFT, Rylai's gives you a tremendous amount of health.
That wasnt the problem. The problem was that if you go tanky nunu will outlast you, and if you go lifesteal nunu will nuke you. Just a bad matchup since nasus has no interrupt.