Troubles with Solo-queue.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

avenged492

02-18-2013

I am no elite, outstanding player in League of Legends. I am competent, work well in a team, and am generally a pretty helpful person. I am in Bronze and I realize its nothing majorly good, I get it. The issue I am having with Ranked right now is that I just had to go 6-1 to even get a chance at promotion, get in. Win my first game, I am not 7-1 over the last 8 games. Generally that would be a solid 100 elo rise. I then lose my next two including a game where we get harassed by a thresh who forced me, Sona, mid even after I selected Sona trying to be a good team player. We get royally CRUSHED and I fall back to 70 LP and now need to win 2 straight to get a chance at a promotion again. That means for me to not have moved at all I am 9-3 in my last 12 games, and would have to be 11-3 to get another chance at promotion. There is something wrong with that formula. Either increase our LP earned by match or decrease the required amount. I can not logically see myself climbing more then maybe a tier or two AT MOST if this is how its going to continue. Say I do get promoted. At worst I would have to be 13-4 in my last 17. I am now at ZERO LP in the next division which would require another dumb run of 5-6 wins to get a chance at promotion again.....I do not like how its currently set up. If this was old school ELO my rating would have significantly changed after 13-4....now I go nowhere and all it does is discourage me from playing and getting better at this wonderful game.

ViciouSkillz

02-18-2013

i had a in streak that turn the other direction all of the sudden i was playing with people who didnt communicate at all. and iv been reporting them because isnt that why we play in the first play, competition and coop team play right. im at 40% win now from 80% due to a lose streak, and they have significantly become worse. i am afraid i will have to the same amount of loses to back to where i was when i started, although that is counter productive.

and i agree with avenged, it is a wonderful game, but these players are very discouraging, i havent had a more frustrating time with a video game since diablo 2 lod. and let me tell u, i have been an active member of lol since beta. you bet i would say this is better then d2lod and thats hard to say. not even wow is better then the king of computer games d2lod but lol is, and this community is killing the satisfaction.

LightLocked

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

getting queued with players two to three ranks below me.

ViciouSkillz

02-19-2013

so i played again after this, and had a briliant team from the start, just perfect communication, map alerts, map awareness, wards, perfect ganks, every one know what to do, and how to do it. i felt like i was in a spot where i should be. simply because i play godly support. i rely on my team as my team should rely on me.

this was not the case the next match. it was simply the opposite. people argued about spots, then had close to no communication, no ping alerts, i was the only one warding. and they had good map awareness. but they used it to chase down people in a single file, strait into an ambush. i begged them to use the pings, i begged them to buy wards, i begged them to talk on chat, and what do i get? the same guy who argued about spots, told me to st*u. by the end of the game, i had the highest amount of deaths with taric. this is due to the fact that they would bail on me with no intimidation. no pokes, nothing. just pure bad gaming. it was sickening and depressing. i just wanted some one to know how hard it has been to find consistency, in a team based game, where communication is everything.

thank you for your time, may the efforts of more be in your favor
i fear i may retire soon, with around 1597.5 hours of game play, that comes out to around 66 days of my life i have invested to one of the worlds greatest games. art, graphics, layout, updates, videos, competition, friends, guides, creativity, logic, and best of all free-to-play with a chance to upgrade your account as you want, when you want.

farewell old times, i wish i could say it ended well. but i guess all in all, it was good. or a waste of time depend on how u look at it. because in the end, we will all have to stop playing. eventually there will be no players. in the real world, if you build it they will come. and if you do that for yourself, you can go any where.

Sky of Smiles

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViciouSkillz View Post
this was not the case the next match. it was simply the opposite. people argued about spots, then had close to no communication, no ping alerts, i was the only one warding. and they had good map awareness. but they used it to chase down people in a single file, strait into an ambush. i begged them to use the pings, i begged them to buy wards, i begged them to talk on chat, and what do i get? the same guy who argued about spots, told me to st*u. by the end of the game, i had the highest amount of deaths with taric. this is due to the fact that they would bail on me with no intimidation. no pokes, nothing. just pure bad gaming. it was sickening and depressing. i just wanted some one to know how hard it has been to find consistency, in a team based game, where communication is everything.
Try not having any faith or expectations in your team mates. Focus only on yourself.

ViciouSkillz

02-19-2013

but if no on interacts as a team, how can one expect to have such perfect expectations for themselves. and for example, the opposite team does show good good qualities of these needed traits, how can one that does only focus upon himself, compete against a team.

thank you sky of smiles for giving a perfect example of such selfish playing standers that we see today in low tier game play.