Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who are THE MOST viable in Season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigBossBob

02-18-2013

Hello all,

I am currently facing a problem where I'm beginning to notice all of my favorite champions don't seem to be good enough, so to speak, in season three to compete very competitively. In response, I'm here looking for names of all the champions that are in no doubt the most viable champions in season 3. Not the champions that are debatable on whether or not they are viable, but the champions who can basically play from the silver cup all the way up to diamond. I say diamond because I sincerely doubt I'll even reach that or higher. If anyone has any tips on choosing viable champions please also post them here. Thank you all in advance.

Cavo

02-18-2013

What champions are you currently playing? Almost every champion is viable if you know how to play them well enough. My main is Viktor. He's chosen in 1% of all games played, which I think is one of the 4-5 lowest of all champs, mostly because people think he's bad. I disagree. I'm gold I atm, going for platinum, and I still wreck people with him. Don't play champions just because they are "tier 1". It's the worst way to approach the game, you won;t have as much fun. I love Viktor, I played him all the time and got to be very good on him. Just play the champ you like the most, you'll find yourself doing better that way than constantly rearranging your champion pool to suit the fotm.

Damaxyz

02-18-2013

Unless your favorite champions are Karma, Heimerdinger or AP Ashe, I believe you could work on either mechanics and decision making in-game. Practice 1 vs 1 against a champion you feel is countering you, practice last hitting as close to 100% with the carries you play... anything really

Thorwich

Recruiter

02-19-2013

Cavo while you are entirely correct in your commentary here it is displaying you at Silver 3 in game <_<

Are you on the Euro servers and someone else has the same name I take it?

I love Viktor and I want to learn more about him and those who actually do play him.

BigBossBob

02-19-2013

Thank you all for your input, it is much appreciated. Basically the champions I VERY much enjoy using now is Volibear (Favorite), Lux, Sona, Garen, Darius. The main problem with Volibear is that I absolutely love this guy, but late game, he seems a bit iffy. In 99% of games I find myself building nearly all tank items, so my damage lacks quite a bit, but Volibears abilities also work great with the help of a team. Volibear is 1 of the only 2 champions in the game with a tossback, which is deadly, it counters everyones favorite spell: Flash. His W is a nice execute to pick up a kill in a teamfight and also secure ganks. His E is a small range AoE snare with a relatively short cooldown given ~20% CDR. His Ultimate basically boosts his damage significantly but not incredibly significantly, he'll hit extra hard on his target and the lightning will strike extra targets. A lot of people do not like to see a Volibear in ranked and I will admit sometimes certain champions counter me pretty good despite having practiced Volibear the longest.

Garen and Darius are also great picks for top lane (prefer Darius) but Darius is easily banned or taken before I can get my hands on him. Garen is good but I feel that his late game really doesn't compare with Darius much.

Lux has recently become one of my favorite mid champions, with massive range if you land just one Q, your target is looking at a massive nuke that they can not do much about.

Sona is the support I play best given she's probably the easiest support to play. If I play Sona I usually try getting a Chalice and Philo Stone as fast as possible, then going to town with wards all over the map.

I guess all of these champions are pretty good, but I want to have a champion that is completely viable without being easily taken out of the game. Meaning; hard to counter, hardly ever banned, and hardly ever picked.

Any additional help I can get based on this criteria would help immensely. Please and Thank you.

Cavo

02-19-2013

Quote:
Thorwich:
Cavo while you are entirely correct in your commentary here it is displaying you at Silver 3 in game <_<

Are you on the Euro servers and someone else has the same name I take it?

I love Viktor and I want to learn more about him and those who actually do play him.

? weird? im pretty sure im not silver 3...maybe the games been lying to me to make me feel better.

Cavo

02-19-2013

saint, all the champions you named are really strong, keep playing them if you like them. Volibear is the only one who is probably the most underrated atm, but hes still really good. Tbh, you need to build much dmg on him, just build tanky like you have been, he gets a ridiculous ammount of dmg from his abilities, but you could always try building some tankier dmg items like a frozen mallet if you want to.

marshmallowman

02-19-2013

I mean some of the champions for top lane that you should be able to get your hands on that are underrated but still really good would be wukong, riven, or if you can figure it out right and do it well, a split push Nidalee. For jungle I would try to go jarvan (since Xin is getting hit with the nerf bat soon) or Elise either jungle or top. For mid ryze is ALWAYS a strong champ. Bot lane gives you a bunch of choices but I would go with MF or cait. Also I think Varus is really under rated since his blight does %health damage which is really strong ATM. Hope this helps

BigBossBob

02-19-2013

Quote:
Cavo:
you could always try building some tankier dmg items like a frozen mallet if you want to.

I do usually pick up a Frozen Mallet along with a Warmogs for the bonus health. The Warmogs works for Volibear so that he has a whole load of health to work with while his W works with Volibears bonus health, making it a must have for Volibear being a tank and all. The Frozen Mallet is also very nice because of the bonus health, the extra damage mid game, and the slowing effect to make it very hard for enemies to escape me and my teammates given the fast attack speed Volibear has virtually always maintaining the slow on targets.

In addition to those two items, I almost always pick up Merc Treads on Volibear (Nearly a must) but I will occasionally go with Ninja Tabi. I will 90% of the time pick up a Spirit Visage as the Magic Resist, CDR, and health all scale quite well with Volibear. From there a Frozen Heart will usually be the next item as the armor, mana, CDR, and "antiaura" all work well with Volibear as a tank. From there items become more situational. Basically I have 1 more slot and that will usually be dictated by the opposing team comp, if they're heavy on AP, a Wits end is nice, if I'm very fed I will occasionally pick up a Nashor's Tooth, I find it to be very nice with Volibears Ultimate, but I'm sure a Guinsoo's would do the same.

Hopefully my decisionmaking with Volbear is good, but I'm still looking for Champion feedback on viability.