Is it me or does no one respect the tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silverrun

02-18-2013

Two of my teammates were basically feeding top lane darius and master yi bickering at each other while me (Jarvan IV) and miss fortune were killing the bottom lane. I was 6-1-2 while the others were 0-4-0 aside from Ms F. Basically our whole team comp was me Jarvan IV, Olaf, A Lee Sin that kept disconnecting, A really bad nidalee who kept missing spears and played her in human form like a tank, so it was 4v5 basically and Misfortune who was 2-3-4. However I was able to push bottom taking out two turrets before I went mid to help out. Now as you know a fed darius is very difficult to handle but we took him down quickly once I separated him from his team with my ult (which I really think needs a buff because it is really to get out of and to be pulled out of) an i used my standard to give us all a boost in armor and attack speed.

Anyway they had more kills like 35 to us 24 then us so they were pretty well fed but we we began making a comeback and managed to take out two inhibators. Since I was taking the brunt of the damage and there was only two people mid on the enemy team (we had two turret mid while they had none) I asked the team to go bottom to get the last inhibator and do our final push and clutch the game even though it was 4 v 5. The enemy team was made up of Darius,Zyra, master yi, Draven and thresh.

I asked respectfully but all of a sudden the d/cing lee sin comes back at lv 14 while were all lv 18 an heads mid to lead the charge .... the other team is lv 18 too and he is quickly shut down however instead of retreating they all go to mid and get shut down. There was no point to head mid as only misfortune is left and there is not really much I can do to save her. Anyway my team respawns and head mid again even though the enemy team pulls back and they push again and get shut down again (That fed darius with thresh as back up is truly frightening) and so the enemy team is feasting. The minions however manage to take out the inhibitors again and I urge to team to do one final push mid since everyone is so hype up about it.

So when they respawn instead of waiting for everyone to push Nidalee goes into the jungle .... when I ask her what she is doing she says planting traps while the enemy team is clearly pushing mid ... why would you plant traps in the jungle when all but two of our turrets are gone and we just feed them twice and the game is going to end I ask her. The game is so close but because they wanted mid so bad we lost even though I was taking the brunt of the damage for the team and sacrificed myself unnecessarily to keep them safe sometimes because they had the most CC. in the end we lost and I got 13-10-15.

Is it something about tanks that people don't respect? I felt that since I was doing the best in my lane the team could have listened to me at least once was I wrong for that? Plus I sacrificed myself sometimes to peel an enemy off of my ap and ad carries.

Also do you feel Jarvan's ultimate should get a buff especially when you can easily flash out of it or be pulled out of it by darius or blitzcrank or thresh i believe and some champions can just escape using their skills. I think there should be a change where you can't escape or at least there should be some debuff inside the ring,

Ever since I bought Jarvan yesterday ive had clutch matches that I have lost by the team not doing one simple thing. I have not yet got 1 victory on summoners rift with Jarvan should I refund him and go for a different tank?

The Lonely Ward

02-18-2013

Don't know why I read all of that...

1. Nobody respects the tank people see who got the most kills, and praise them for being the best regardless of it being a team game.

2. Having stupid people on your team is inevitable, and anyone level 20 or above should be accustomed to it by now.

3. Comebacks can happen frequently.

4. Jarvan doesn't need his ulti buffed most champions, and by most its literally in the 90th percentile can't get out of it.

Silverrun

02-18-2013

but i had the most kills lol

SeCKS Egai

02-18-2013

He's not a "tank" but a bruiser, and one of the older ones at that.

Tanks don't have the same survivability as they have season's past, so a typical team comp will usually have two bruisers. It's less about soaking up damage and more about applying pressure to high value targets.

Looking at your profile - you need to reconsider building that bc first if you plan on initiating. Unless your team is well ahead of the enemy, you need to be prioritizing the survival stuff first.

Resists may not be as efficient in reducing damage as they used to be, but anyone with lots of health still takes a few hits to bring down.

You can make the effort to lead your team, but you can't make them listen to you. One of the hardest parts of "tanking" is being able to initiate and trusting your teammates to follow your lead.

Mister Simple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

As a tank, I think you should be very weary of your team's play style. Sometimes you go in but no backup is coming your way. Learn how they play, if they're passive or uncertain you're going in, it's probably better not to go in and wait for a counter initiation.

P.S. I play support and I get no love either. *sadlife.