Poppy Hybrid Offtank (WREQer)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cheetoking

02-18-2013

Why is no one using Poppy for this? On Twisted Treeline she can tank, and deal obscene amounts of damage.

Iceborn Gauntlet
Abyssal Scepter
Runic Bulwark
Trinity force
Hextech Gunblade
Mercury Treads

The entire point of the build is she can tank and take a lot of hits due to armor and her passive. When the going gets tough, W>R>E>Q>Trinity Active>A>Hextech Active. This combo will approximately deal 1076.6 damage, not including Trinity Force's active and the damage from an autoattack. The burst potential is insane, and in a team fight you can even take out the other team's main damage dealer right away and slow all the other members, while taking no damage from the other two. The full sequence would be more than enough most times so you can save Hextech to take out a running enemy. With the slows, and the damage done, along with about five seconds left from your ult making you invincible to the rest, you can save the burst and carry your team.

That's my two cents, and I would love to know everyone else's thoughts.

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

those are really expensive items that she needs to get before she can start becoming a threat, and it doesn't help that she is naturally very bad at farming.

becuz7ate9

02-19-2013

Simply put, although Poppy can be a solo lane. FARM is the easiest answer.

Cheetoking

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by She View Post
those are really expensive items that she needs to get before she can start becoming a threat, and it doesn't help that she is naturally very bad at farming.
She really is NOT bad at farming. Why does everyone think so? She just needs to spend a little bit of mana, and her Q will get the farm. Along with the fact there is a high chance she will be in solo top. But I do understand the slight issue, but the items together come to around 17500 gold, and you quite honestly won't even need all. You build. Along with money masteries, and the correct way to farm she can definitely handle it.

Tylerpb

02-20-2013

You've got 2 sheen items in that build. There's bound to be a better setup.

Cheetoking

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerpb View Post
I fail to see how two sheens can mean anything detrimental to the build. there is no unique passives conflicting. that's like saying having a Bloodthirster and a Black Vleaver aren't a good setup because they are both AD.

Cheetoking

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylerpb View Post
As well, never stated it was anywhere near the BEST. There certainly must be better.

Lorthix

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetoking View Post
I fail to see how two sheens can mean anything detrimental to the build. there is no unique passives conflicting. that's like saying having a Bloodthirster and a Black Vleaver aren't a good setup because they are both AD.
Unless something changed you do not get the proc from both trinity force and from the gauntlet. I believe that is what he meant by having two sheen items isn't a good build, because you are essentially paying for a proc that you do not get to take advantage of.

WhtePuma

02-20-2013

frozen heart would suit her much better than gauntlett since she is more melee tank than dps/ranged

KakeManz

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheetoking View Post
Unique passives with the same name: Spellblade is on gauntlet, sheen, triforce, and lich bane. Both of them don't proc, only one. Not sure which would take priority though, likely the one that was bought first.