A word about Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheMisterAce

02-18-2013

I've noticed that Trundle is free this week. Since I first played him, I have enjoyed his play style of dominating an area. However, he is cursed not only with his specie's curse but also by possession of LoL's greatest weakness: He is countered by running away.

People often say that Trundle is the most balanced character in the game. This is not true. He has the most crippling weakness in the game and this is not balanced out by his strengths. He is easier to counter than Master Yi. His ability to duel is reduced to meaninglessness by his weakness to running and kiting.

The only thing I can suggest as a change to him would be his Tower of Filth ability (E if I remember correctly). If the towers were semipermanent (lasted for as long as a teemo shroom and just as destructible) then he might see more use as a Utility-Tank.

I know that the above recommendation is not going to be followed, nor should it be. I just want to see positive changes for Trundle, he has my favorite lore. One as heroic as Trundle shouldn't be so weak.

ROKAF JE

02-18-2013

You can run from Pillars, his W, and Frozen Mallet/Triforce?

Imagine pillars all over the map.. no way, that'd drive everyone crazy.
With a bit of CDR, Pillar is almost always up anyway.

TheMisterAce

02-18-2013

Yes, you can run away from those things. Let's say you are fighting...anyone. All champions can either knock you back(Jayce, Draven), slow you to a crawl(Nasus, Lulu), stun you (Taric, Sion), dash away (Shen, Graves), teleport away(Kassadin, LeBlanc), or straight up kill you for even looking in their direction (mordekaiser, Darius), not even mentioning all the other forms of CC that make chasing with Trundle useless.

BloodyDiarreah

02-18-2013

That's why Trundle is a team fighter, not a lone wolf.

Ballzofire

02-18-2013

Now cmon guys. Everyone wants a champ that does it all perfectly. No one can take the pros/cons of a champ and use them to their advantage. They want to lay their face on the keyboard and roll around to win... Trundle is fine. He isnt played much mainly cause he is ugly. Not cause he is weak/up.

Charrd

02-18-2013

The first ever LoL game I played I was mid Trundle. And I got 10-3. Hes perfect as he is imo.

Zinzon

02-18-2013

And those cc you mention are wasted on him... considering his plague area give him alot of cc reduction + new masterie + mecury thread...

Furthermore, you should not play him as a killer, but more as a tank.