What are some great story driven games that invoke a emotional response?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am nunu bot View Post
Red/blue rescue team had a pretty epic story, i literally cried at the end when your character has to go back to his world.
Did you play Time/Darkness? They're even more heart-wrenching than the first two.

IS130d109c04756628c7529

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlatypirate View Post
Did you play Time/Darkness? They're even more heart-wrenching than the first two.
Yes, I did....It was amazing. I got Explorers of the Skies too. The extra storyline for grovyle and dusknoir was equally good imo...

Easy Pickins

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyuu View Post
Terrible game. . .

0/10

try again
>calls it terrible
>never played it

Good point.

I am nunu bot

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlatypirate View Post
Yes i did. After the main story in Red/blue, it left me wanting more, and sadly the mini stories didn't quite make up for it.

They definitely did it right in time/darkness by making a whole second story line after the first one. Props to them, i'm looking forward to the 3rd series of mystery dungeon games. It's because of time/darkness that i ALWAYS start with treeko in that game and never evolve past grovyle, he's a goddam boss.

The part where Grovyle is about to push dusknoir into the portal and says his final goodbye, my heart fell into my stomach, the feels man, the feels.

Didn't play sky, but i know it involves shaymin (does it involve giratina? just makes sense that it would.)

SimplyAlive

02-20-2013

Journey
To The Moon
Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid

These are some of the games that I had strong emotional responses towards.

IS130d109c04756628c7529

02-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am nunu bot View Post
Didn't play sky, but i know it involves shaymin (does it involve giratina? just makes sense that it would.)
It pretty much has the exact same storyline as time/darkness, but also a lot more post game stuff. I don't remember giratina being a part of the story, although it is possible to fight and recruit him.

SkeithGotBanned

02-20-2013

Ahhhhhhh

I'm just gonna drop here some deep flash games that are connected.

The Company of Myself (http://www.kongregate.com/games/2DAr...pany-of-myself)
Fixation (http://www.kongregate.com/games/2DArray/fixation)

Brandi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2013

For me, Earthbound and Mother 3.