Varus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Resets R Us

02-18-2013

Why is he never played? He is the only ADC I seem to have not lost a ranked game with yet. Meaning IMO he is one of the best and counters all adc except Tistana. He is good vs Caitlyn cause of his q poke and for the same reason all the other champs, only reason he isn't good vs tristana is cause she can completely negate the attacks after he ult by simply ulting.

Resets R Us

02-18-2013

He also has the 4th highest win rate of all ADC's altho only bout 7% of people play him. around 51.32%

AgonisT

02-18-2013

It's largely due to his lack of mobility. That and he relies heavily on positioning which alot of people tend to not be very good with hence they prefer to have an "oh ****" button to escape with like Ez. As a champion however, Varus is one of the best ADC's in the league, and with the current health stacking problem don't be surprised if you start seeing him alot more often as either ADC or AP mid (yes AP Varus is a thing and no other champ can chunk through health faster, trust me).

Balatee

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgonisT View Post
It's largely due to his lack of mobility. That and he relies heavily on positioning which alot of people tend to not be very good with hence they prefer to have an "oh ****" button to escape with like Ez. As a champion however, Varus is one of the best ADC's in the league, and with the current health stacking problem don't be surprised if you start seeing him alot more often as either ADC or AP mid (yes AP Varus is a thing and no other champ can chunk through health faster, trust me).
yea seriously, if i see an ap varus main he is gonna carry

runnans..... 3 warmogs bruisers what? they must be magicians cuz they just dissapeared

Cenerae

02-18-2013

People are too busy obsessing over the popular picks to try and innovate.

weneedmoarlumber

02-18-2013

No repositioning tool makes him very vulnerable to strong dive champs like Malphite, Irelia, Olaf etc. Some champs are almost impossible to peel (inb4 Irelia/Olaf), which makes varus' teamfight presence significantly weaker - because he A] needs to stay very far back to be safe, or B] gets insta gibbed by diving bruiser. He can really shine when he's facing a team that doesnt have 'Unpeelable divers", but a Varus pick is more dependant on enemy team comp than any other adc (cept maybe Kog).