Nami?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PodunkTheMighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Is she fun? Any good? I'm looking for a support to enjoy for when I have an ADC that would benefit more from a passive lane instead of Thresh/Leona/Jarvan.

I'm also not a huge fan of Sona or Soraka, because I don't think they contribute enough later in the game.

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

If you want a real passive lane pick Soraka. IMO Nami is like the greatest support, though everyone else is high and thinks otherwise.. I'm not sure why, they can't play her or something? She is tons of fun and is great for offense/defense, she really fits into almost any team. As weird as this may sound, rush a chalise on her and proceed to be able to spam her spells. Yea I know, chalise is one of those items...

But trust me, it works, I never have issues with playing her.

Cenerae

02-18-2013

Sona contributes a lot late game if you know how to handle her. Trust me on this.

Anyway. Nami is not a passive support. Her sustain's too expensive and it's best used to win trades by using the damage portion of it. She has a stun and a knockup and a damage amp that tacks a slow on.

None of that says 'I'm a passive support'. Try Janna if you want a defensive minded one that's more fun than Soraka. Nami is good, but I don't think she'll meet what you're after if you want a passive support.

PodunkTheMighty

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zastie View Post
If you want a real passive lane pick Soraka. IMO Nami is like the greatest support, though everyone else is high and thinks otherwise.. I'm not sure why, they can't play her or something? She is tons of fun and is great for offense/defense, she really fits into almost any team. As weird as this may sound, rush a chalise on her and proceed to be able to spam her spells. Yea I know, chalise is one of those items...

This is what I have been thinking, yeah. Chalice and dual gp/10 and 40% cdr...

Afrocalypse

02-18-2013

Quote:
IMO Nami is like the greatest support, though everyone else is high and thinks otherwise.. I'm not sure why, they can't play her or something? She is tons of fun and is great for offense/defense, she really fits into almost any team.
Well, imo, and just IMO, riot tried to let Nami do everything a bit, just worse than other supports who shine in the respective aspect. Like Ezreal now, it just... didnt really work out, cause she is not "safe" like Ez, she is just kinda hard to use to not gain all so much out of it.

Wild Panic

02-18-2013

I personally don't recommend getting her until you've tried her.

Vanra

02-18-2013

She's a better Janna. Still not as good as Alistair though.

Razzcastic

02-18-2013

Nami... 2 words and a letter.

LAND THAT Q

DeathInvoker

02-18-2013

Quote:

Why do you steal my words?
But yeah, Nami is strong and fun, and her problems can be easily solved.
> Can't land Aqua Prison? CC helps a lot, even slows. But stuns and snares can lead to a beautiful CC chain and easy kills. If you don't have too much CC, take your time to aim.
> Out of mana? First, don't spam like a maniac, her mana costs are kinda high, so save Ebb and Flow when you really need it. Second, get a Chalice and upgrade it to Mikael or Athene, I recommend Mikael. Third, still troubled? Get a Tear and upgrade it to Seraph's, no more OOM + some AP + a nifty shield.
> Wave hard to land? Take your time, use its massive size to your favor!
Get used to her skills, find the ideal build for you (mine is Captain Ionians, Shurelya's, Bulwark, R-Sightstone, Mikael's and Seraph's), and have fun with Nami c:

EDIT: Forgot something: Mid Nami. Not so effective as Support Nami and other Mids, but even funnier! Use it when you feel you're great as Nami, but be careful.