Akali was nerfed last patch, not buffed.

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeonian09

Member

02-18-2013

Here are the patch notes for Akali's changes:

Quote:
Twin Disciplines
Discipline of Force
Now takes effect immediately instead of requiring 19.5 Ability Power
Base damage bonus reduced to 6% from 8%
Discipline of Might
Now takes effect immediately instead of requiring 9.5 Attack Damage
Base spell vamp bonus reduced to 6% from 8%
So with the old passive, the first 20 extra AP and 10 extra AD don't work. As I said, this helps her early game (which is lacking til level 6 anyway) while hurting her late game.

This equates to an extra 1.2 magic damage and .6% spellvamp.

After 40 extra AD and 80 extra AP, the old passive surpasses the new one.
Sure, this will allow Akali players not to have specialized rune setups involving AD just to get that sweet, sweet spell vamp. This actually helps her early game because she can take more mpen to begin with.

However, the biggest change is the spell vamp and bonus damage being nerfed to 6% from 8%. This hurts her damage and sustain throughout the entire game while only slightly helping her early game.

As an Akali player, I see this as an overall nerf. If I wanted to take different rune pages/masteries, I would always gain the spell vamp from the passive when I complete cutlass. Before then, health potions are all the sustain I would need.

The only good thing that comes from this is that lower level summoners are able to play Akali without a full rune page/mastery setup. For level 30 summoners, this does not help at all.


TL;DR

Quit the Akali QQ threads...

Edit:
I don't mind downvotes. Just give me some strong evidence that I am wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathsage

Senior Member

02-18-2013

The Akali QQ threads are there because she is really strong, playing her right now as a matter of fact lol.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyr

Senior Member

02-18-2013

You are wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FujiyamaNoMokou

Senior Member

02-18-2013

I think you're missing the part where additional quantities of both stats raises those percentages, as well as allows her to not have a rune page dedicated to unlocking the passive.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Landiande

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2013

If you run the same rune page as you've always run on her, you'll still get the 8% damage bonus and spell vamp on her passive. So the only thing that's changed is her ability to run different runes. It's a buff.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeonian09

Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TondrinKazama View Post
I think you're missing the part where additional quantities of both stats raises those percentages, as well as allows her to not have a rune page dedicated to unlocking the passive.

So with the old passive, the first 20 extra AP and 10 extra AD don't work. As I said, this helps her early game (which is lacking til level 6 anyway) while hurting her late game.

This equates to an extra 1.2 magic damage and .6% spellvamp.

After 40 extra AD and 80 extra AP, the old passive surpasses the new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landiande View Post
If you run the same rune page as you've always run on her, you'll still get the 8% damage bonus and spell vamp on her passive. So the only thing that's changed is her ability to run different runes. It's a buff.

Ahh, but you don't get 8%. It was changed to 6% bonus damage and spell vamp.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Genraenera

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Yeah, being able to run Mpen marks is a huge nerf to akali. I don't think she'll recover from that.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeonian09

Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genraenera View Post
Yeah, being able to run Mpen marks is a huge nerf to akali. I don't think she'll recover from that.
If Mpen marks are such a big deal for Akali, why would any Akali not take them before this change?

Because they want an extra 5% spell vamp exclusively for laning phase? Any Akali could have taken Mpen marks and just waited to activate their spell vamp passive when they acquire cutlass. Sure, this makes her early game weaker sustain wise, but every Akali I see grabs 7-9 pots to begin with anyway. Her early sustain didn't need help, but her late game was nerfed to help her early sustain.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cenerae

Senior Member

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonian09 View Post
If Mpen marks are such a big deal for Akali, why would any Akali not take them before this change?

Because they want an extra 5% spell vamp exclusively for laning phase? Any Akali could have taken Mpen marks and just waited to activate their spell vamp passive when they acquire cutlass. Sure, this makes her early game weaker sustain wise, but every Akali I see grabs 7-9 pots to begin with anyway. Her early sustain didn't need help, but her late game was nerfed to help her early sustain.
Not starting with both passives active was a big deal - because Akali's early game is where she's at her weakest. Now it's a non-issue. Now you can run mpen or hybrid marks, and maybe some different quints. Or whatever the hell you want.

You know, instead of the generic ad red, ap quints thing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Commando66

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2013

AFAIK you get 6% without any AD/AP, but with 10 AD / 20 AP, you get two extra percents which brings you back to 8%.


12