Can some explain MMR to me?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Striker Bounzer

02-18-2013

Idk but I am getting constantly paired up in solo que with people 5x less the games I have. And I have around 600. A lot of times I even get paired up with people going into their placement matches.

I find this extremely frustrating because a lot of times [ime] have found those players with the low amount of games to not really know what they are doing in comparison to people around my number of games. For instance, I jungled Vi the other day and got bot fed Vayne. She was 5-1 at 10mins. So I ganked other lanes, always landing my q's and ults but for some reason mid and top decided to leave lane while I was ganking or sit back and farm. The mid lux decides to take my blue after she is already 0-2 then proceeds to basically give it to malphite. At this point, it's 20 mins. The Vayne is 5/5 and less than double the cs the opposing adc had. Mid is 0/4 and top is 1/4. I'm 2/3. but with higher farm than my whole team.

I just knew it.. I was playing with guys with lack of experience. And now I'm am consistently getting these matches. I can't remember the last time I had people around my games.

So.. what is going on? and how do I solve this issue?

Arsenals

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

MMR = Elo. They're the same exact thing. You're getting matched up with people becasue they're in your Elo/MMR.

BedderDanu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Elo and MMR are about the same thing. It's your skill rating.

Here is a rough example of how your MMR (AKA Elo) changes game by game

GreekAsTheGods

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenals View Post
MMR = Elo. They're the same exact thing. You're getting matched up with people becasue they're in your Elo/MMR.
^This. The system hasn't changed whatsoever. It's just now hidden in hopes it will reduce people going on tilt and raging on the forums about their digits going down. Clearly that hasn't entirely worked.

Voidgolem

02-18-2013

it's elo in a fancy hat.

SmokeFlare

02-18-2013

Also, your changes are relatively inaccurate as that would only apply to certain players who actually are good at the game.