Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gangplank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Outshine

02-18-2013

bump
wanna hear more feedback on him

Chibi Musashi

02-18-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3115550
This should give you inspiration on him being playable.

ArtisticVision

02-18-2013

Quote:
BrainStorm:
His laning phase is terrible. Once the enemy top builds Ninja Tabi you do no damage.

No actually, this is very wrong. When's the last time you played him? This is the most annoying and common misconception to gp ever...

WellWHOOOOSThis

02-18-2013

I remember playing GP back in S1 when they still had crit masteries. Nothing more hilarious than walking up and nearly 1 shotting their AD carry with Parrley. Those were the days...

My poor pirate is a shadow of his former self. I wish they'd hurry up and buff him or give him the Xin Zhao treatment and do something of a remake.

DragonDGAF

02-18-2013

Lol? GP unviable? what... i reach 100% crit every game and i destroy adcs left and right with my Q

Rootera

02-18-2013

Quote:
stickyshooZ:
I remember playing GP back in S1 when they still had crit masteries. Nothing more hilarious than walking up and nearly 1 shotting their AD carry with Parrley. Those were the days...

My poor pirate is a shadow of his former self. I wish they'd hurry up and buff him or give him the Xin Zhao treatment and do something of a remake.

Agreed

Flithyliar

02-18-2013

yeah I love gp but critplank with the right build he can still one shot most adc. sad face cuz his kit is so so idk. its like u have to be in a good team and they have to be the right champs for critplank and tankplank.

BrainStorm

02-18-2013

Quote:
ArtisticVision:
No actually, this is very wrong. When's the last time you played him? This is the most annoying and common misconception to gp ever...

Like a week or two ago. Low and behold, my damage was not up to par with my lane opponent and he won every trade. It got even worse when he completed his Ninja Tabi and my q's did very little damage.

Outshine

02-18-2013

I cant believe no one has brought up his crazy mana costs.
60 Mana for one Parrley... when Darius AOE Decimate only uses 40...
what is up with that...

Samenko

02-18-2013

Quote:
iAreBetterThanU:
I cant believe no one has brought up his crazy mana costs.
60 Mana for one Parrley... when Darius AOE Decimate only uses 40...
what is up with that...

Riot was very scared of GP's just being able to spam Q without the opponent having any ability to retaliate. It's actually a very valid fear. I think it's fine where it is right now. The half mana back on minion kill is quite nice.

I do think the nerf to his passive should be un-done though, Bring up the slow to what it used to be. It would bring him back up to par with new bruisers, because it's a nice built in utility. The slow right now is negligible.