what's the chance of winning in this circumstance?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

David1088

02-18-2013

what the chance of winning if you have a duo top team, and the enemy has a team where they have a jungler?

Jesustim

02-18-2013

depends on how well your top lane plays VS theirs. If they can grab an early kill or two they'll snowball that lane and either shove it past turrets or force the enemy jungler to camp them.

HOWEVER, if they give up first blood to their opponent they will quickly get counter snowballed and possibly lose you the game.

Dalek Hal

02-18-2013

Or if they fail to get kills early they will also end up with a snowballed lane. The solo top will start to out level them quickly and when that goes on long enough the duo will start losing 2v1 and then the jungle can come in and get easy kills/assists too.

If you do it make sure your duo top is zoning the enemy top, they have to ward, and then collectively your team needs to make sure you are collecting the buffs/jungle camps to gain the gold and buffs.

Arteza

02-18-2013

I'm coming up with a 32.33 (repeating of course) percentage of survival.

Ziek88

02-18-2013

There are times that I'll lane top with my friend but I generally do it with a champ like cho'gath who after a level or two can go through jungle without smite to avoid losing out on gold and such and provide constant ganks. Last time we did this my friend was 3/0/1 and I was 1/0/3 before 5 minutes. That is a lot of early gold so yes, sometimes this can go very very well. It is a good idea to have a backup plan for the extra top though.

Lil Cuddles

02-18-2013

Many times I have solo topped against duo top... I'd say the outcomes are generally 50/50 honestly. It all depends how good their jungler is, how often he ganks, how strong his ganks are, how well you can farm under your turret and maybe a little luck. Some champions like Darius can easily have a hard time with this, while others (most notably from my experience is Jax) can manage quite well in this situation.

(When playing as the solo) The key is to play defensively, put up a ward so you know when to go aggressive and farm under your tower.
(When playing as the duo) The key is to play smart, don't tower dive to early and be aware that the lane is likely to get camped by the jungler so don't mistake it for being easy and play carelessly

LogicalTautology

02-18-2013

At least 80-20 in favour of the team with the Jungler. And that's probably a bit too low, honestly.

Zinzon

02-18-2013

One thing that a 2vs1 top should aim for is to burst down the jungler asap when he enter the lane. It must be done with high kill potential champion early. It will pay off because the jungler will be intimidated and may never come top again.

Charrd

02-18-2013

It also depends on how good their jungler farms. I had this Nautilus jungle on the enemy team when I was Rammus jungle. I constantly roamed all lanes and most of the enemies wasted their flash when I attempted my fail ganks.

But this Nautilus NEVER ganked, and was level 5 when I was level 8. He was terrible.