2 top or bottom in twisted treeline?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sh00t3rman

02-18-2013

I've always played with 2 bottom or 1 bottom 1 jungle/roam, but the coop bots seem to always go 2 top. What do you guys think- is 2 top the way to go?

Demacry

02-18-2013

It's just another way to change things up and abuse the meta. A 2v1 top lane might be able to shove someone like Darius out of gold and exp range but ultimately not much changes since your bot lane will be in a similar situation.

KakeManz

02-18-2013

It's just another way to do things, ask yourself this: Can their top lane turn into a beast by late game that will be a terror? If so, would putting 2 against them be able to shut them down? Would your solo be able to handle two people as well?

It's the same deal when it comes to deciding whether you want a jungler on tt: If they don't have one can our bottom handle 2v1? Is the enemy team going to be pushing a lot or is your team going to be the aggressive one? If they extend would a jungler be able to capitalize on it with a good gank?

Stealthiest

02-19-2013

It was that way on the old map because of the Dragon at the top and the way the lane was shaped. Now it doesn't really change things either way because of the new jungle shape and no wards both lanes are pretty vulnerable to ganks whereas the old map only top really was.

The bots probably just do that because it was the high elo way to do it before.

Sh00t3rman

02-19-2013

Thanks for the input!

awkwardbowman

02-19-2013

This just seems like the question of lane swapping in 5's, except that it's a lot easier to counterswap and you're using bruisers and mages instead of adc/support

becuz7ate9

02-19-2013

My friends and I play 3's ranked we almost always have a Jungler w/ smite such as Mundo/Shyrva/Lee followed by an AD bruiser/tank capable of solo lane as well as an AP capable of handling a solo lane. This works very well for us and from what I've read on most Twisted Treeline Tier lists, this is commonly how most games are played. This is not at all saying there is no room for a 2v1 lane on either top or bottom, for it will all come down to communication and a players skill set with whatever champions they choose to play.