Riot, do you even play Solo Queue in Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

02-18-2013

Go. Do. It.

Or have some interns do it. It's terrible.

Make them play in Bronze (any division) in NA. The entire time. In order to keep them there, have them dodge during champ select or make special accounts or something.

You'll quickly learn how important it is to punish AFK/disconnecters and toxic players hard.

UPVOTE THIS POST IF YOU LIKE IT.

Torjid

02-18-2013

Elo Hell, I feel you.

Zer0blizzard

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torjid View Post
Elo Hell, I feel you.
And now I want Riot to feel our pain. It seems obvious to me that they would want to be able to understand what their players are going through.

Zer0blizzard

03-07-2013

Waiting for responses.

Arcticfury

03-07-2013

In another thread there was a poster who pointed out that 92% of all players are in Silver or Bronze, and each of those about the same size. I think what we feel in Bronze is that we are rewarded and penalized too heavily for our wins/losses.

What I mean is that in Gold if you win 2 games in a row your LP moves so that you pass maybe 20-50 players in your tier. And you lose the same amount of places for 2 losses. Roughly that is. Your LP gains and losses are still calculated the same way, but because there are fewer people in Gold your placement against the community is very small moves.

Now when we look at Bronze or Silver, if you get 2 wins in a row you may move the same 25-40 LP that a Gold player moves, however you will pass closer to 500 players in those two games. I believe this is counter intuitive because I believe that Gold I to Gold II has a smaller skill difference than Bronze I to Bronze II, and then when you move 500 people that doesn't give much confidence in the system when 2 losses in a row move you down 500 people.

So if you get a bad streak, 3 or 4 losses in a row or more and you drop 1000 places (compared to people not LP) you don't feel that's correct. And if you do drop in MMR 1000 places then now you are playing against people much lower skill than you just were. Basically Bronze is a **** shoot, because a baddie can move up 2000 places while a skilled person can move down so far. Yea yea your MMR is a factor, but not really for the same reason, in your 100 MMR bracket in Bronze there are 1000s of people but barely that many in all of Gold, if even that many.

Thus I propose, as did the other thread, more tiers for the bottom 92% of the community. The top 8% get three entire leagues while the bottom 92% get crammed into 2.... No brainer here. When you win or lose you should still be roughly in the same bracket, and brackets should all be similar size.

Zer0blizzard

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcticfury View Post
In another thread there was a poster who pointed out that 92% of all players are in Silver or Bronze, and each of those about the same size. I think what we feel in Bronze is that we are rewarded and penalized too heavily for our wins/losses.

What I mean is that in Gold if you win 2 games in a row your LP moves so that you pass maybe 20-50 players in your tier. And you lose the same amount of places for 2 losses. Roughly that is. Your LP gains and losses are still calculated the same way, but because there are fewer people in Gold your placement against the community is very small moves.

Now when we look at Bronze or Silver, if you get 2 wins in a row you may move the same 25-40 LP that a Gold player moves, however you will pass closer to 500 players in those two games. I believe this is counter intuitive because I believe that Gold I to Gold II has a smaller skill difference than Bronze I to Bronze II, and then when you move 500 people that doesn't give much confidence in the system when 2 losses in a row move you down 500 people.

So if you get a bad streak, 3 or 4 losses in a row or more and you drop 1000 places (compared to people not LP) you don't feel that's correct. And if you do drop in MMR 1000 places then now you are playing against people much lower skill than you just were. Basically Bronze is a **** shoot, because a baddie can move up 2000 places while a skilled person can move down so far. Yea yea your MMR is a factor, but not really for the same reason, in your 100 MMR bracket in Bronze there are 1000s of people but barely that many in all of Gold, if even that many.

Thus I propose, as did the other thread, more tiers for the bottom 92% of the community. The top 8% get three entire leagues while the bottom 92% get crammed into 2.... No brainer here. When you win or lose you should still be roughly in the same bracket, and brackets should all be similar size.
This. +1 for you.

Arcticfury

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0blizzard View Post
This. +1 for you.
Thank you my good man.

Dane Belthound

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0blizzard View Post
Go. Do. It.

Or have some interns do it. It's terrible.

Make them play in Bronze (any division) in NA. The entire time. In order to keep them there, have them dodge during champ select or make special accounts or something.

You'll quickly learn how important it is to punish AFK/disconnecters and toxic players hard.

UPVOTE THIS POST IF YOU LIKE IT.
Agreed.

Presently 25% of my games have afks on my team compared to like 4% on the other.
That is about 50% of my losses.

The rest of my losses include games with intentional feeders, troll picks (triple ranged adc ftw due to people arguing about roles), and people who just plain suck at the game feeding like crazy and letting the other team snowball before team fights even begin at which point one person cannot carry because the other team just mathematically is too strong and would have to be REALLY dumb to lose.

I almost always win my lane, rarely do I leave lane with a negative kd, and always try to tell my team how to play smart but whether or not they listen is another story.

Prime example. PLaying singed. I am split pushing top lane to lure other team to me to allow the rest of my team to either push while they chase, or to take the advantage in a 4v4 or 4v3. I tell them to stay at tower until at least one member of the other team splits off to come to me. I would then teleport into the team fight after having lured enemy A away. The other outcome is the team doesn't split off and either my team holds them off at tower while i take towers, or i telelport behind them and engage.

First two times I do those, NO ONE listens. They engage a 4v5 outside the tower and get destroyed and blame me for not being there. I didn't use teleport of course because our intelligent adc decided to engage, got blown up and teleport would have been wasted. I simply recalled and got into a defensive position.

FInally the third time they listen, we ace them and win. The fact that it took that long for them to listen is scary, the scarier part is that most teams don't EVER listen. THey just keep engaging 4v5's outside of tower range thinking that THIS TIME they will win even though the other team has an even bigger gold lead now.

Zer0blizzard

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
Agreed.

FInally the third time they listen, we ace them and win. The fact that it took that long for them to listen is scary, the scarier part is that most teams don't EVER listen. THey just keep engaging 4v5's outside of tower range thinking that THIS TIME they will win even though the other team has an even bigger gold lead now.
+1 for you. I hope you're reporting these toxics.

MasterTopher

03-13-2013

I take real issue with folks who claim because we are in bronze we all deserve to be here. I think I play pretty well, but I cant carry or support a team when my team is just bad. For example I just lost a 4v5 (we were the 5)

1) my top lane jax got his opponet to ragequit as reported by his team, but he insisted up split pushing and dying. of course he got 2 kills every time, but the enemy team had a twitch that got fed to hell.

2) my adc and I laned pretty well together, but came the time when the other team would push, she wouldnt run, just keep attacking and dying. leaving her 2/11

3) my jungler did't gank my lane at all, he only game to it and got kills when we died because the enemy team all roamed bot and killed me and the adc

4) my mid was just bad, she fed the enemy team for some reason, and targeted tanks often

then before this one I played a game (we won, but it whet on for over an hour) where my mid laner fizz wanted to be in front of me the tank, so he kept getting caught, my adc wanted to be in front of me during lane so she kept getting caught and decided that she wouldnt wait for us to push lanes,but go in to their base 1v5 just to repop and inihib. We owned them all game, but there was a good 5 min period where we screwed up so many times we almost lost.Also we had a fiddlesticks as jungle, he was afk in champselect so it selected a champ for him, he told us about it and still ended up with the wrong runes and masteries. He also chose jungle when our diana was supposed to jungle, so now we have 2 smite players. How we won that game was because after i finished railing them a new one they decided to listen.