advice for a plat/gold player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cya Stevepyrate

02-18-2013

So i used to mostly do 3s ranked ( was 1730 pre rank change), and rarely 5s but as of the new rank system ive been doing alot of 5s. I beleive i was around the 1450ish mark, but have been on a steady losing streak. Every game ive played has been the position of "fill", to which im normally jungle or adc, averaging 8-5-11 per game. But ive lost 87% of games since new rank system. Im playing as smart as i can, being as nice as possible as to not incite ragers, filling positions and even first picking support or grabbing champs for others. At first it was a "well ill get a lucky streak eventually" but ive moved down several divisions. Im about 2 games from quitting permantly.

NutChip

02-18-2013

Realistically you have to play 100s of games to reach the elo/rank that you deserve just based on statistics. Unless you're just WAY better than everyone else in the game, you have to realize that the majority of games you play are simply out of your control, whether you win or lose.

Stippy

02-18-2013

Don't first pick support. Every time I do it turns out a loss. Unless one of the top three says adc please so you know you won't be wasting your time.

Maybe that's just me.

On a brighter note keep playing. You'll get better an move up.

Cya Stevepyrate

02-18-2013

well my personal skill level has nothing to do with it. One game i went 28-7-7 as fizz and one guy on my team threatened to report me because i was taking all the kills. Majority of my kills were in mid lane / ganks. Which means it would not of happened if i had not of been there. Idk, just seems to be out of my control. And if your rating is out of your control, whats point of ranked?

Zinzon

02-18-2013

"Welcome to the league of Draven!"

league of draven = ego centric player leagues.

Some player are better than other to take the "fill" position. Its maybe not you. All i can say is play the champion you good with and pray your teamates have their good champions too. Play 2-3 position and try to master them with several champion. Another tips: try to play unusual champions because most of the player dont know how to act vs them.

Cya Stevepyrate

02-19-2013

well 2k games played, several plat teams, several gold teams, and all ican say is this game is completly worthless if your not playing in a complete premade. Solo - duo que shouldnt even have its own ranking system. Its just a toss up on which team gets bigger trolls.