Ranked sucks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cavo

02-19-2013

If your KDA is only good because you're playing with baddies at your current rating, which is what you yourself have admitted, why do you think you'll do better at a higher level? Most people, with the exception of idiots who paid to have their accounts raised, earned their current rating. Your stats puts your KDA for s3 at 4/3.5/9. That's barely positive...against players that you claim are atrocious and can't play the game. At your current rating, most players who are gold probably had stats that look something like 15-2-10 on average. I assume you've probably had games where you had a ridiculous score when you carried, something like 17-1 or 18-2. That just means that you've also had games that went completely the opposite way and you fed. Maybe not that badly, but your average stats don't suggest you belong at a higher rating. They say that you belong right where you are. Which isn't bad, it just is what it is. Work at it and you'll get out.

SeleKa

02-19-2013

u suck

Irish Red Cap

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavo View Post
If your KDA is only good because you're playing with baddies at your current rating, which is what you yourself have admitted, why do you think you'll do better at a higher level? Most people, with the exception of idiots who paid to have their accounts raised, earned their current rating. Your stats puts your KDA for s3 at 4/3.5/9. That's barely positive...against players that you claim are atrocious and can't play the game. At your current rating, most players who are gold probably had stats that look something like 15-2-10 on average. I assume you've probably had games where you had a ridiculous score when you carried, something like 17-1 or 18-2. That just means that you've also had games that went completely the opposite way and you fed. Maybe not that badly, but your average stats don't suggest you belong at a higher rating. They say that you belong right where you are. Which isn't bad, it just is what it is. Work at it and you'll get out.
My argument is with what i bolded in your quote. Most golds do not have a kda stat like 15-2-10 on average. If they did they would be almost as skilled as challenger tier players.

His KDA isn't bad. I know of a plat 4 player with a KDA of 4.8/3.6/7.9. The difference between upper tiers gold-diamond and the lower bracket tiers bronze-silver. You actually get paired with people at your skill level in the upper tiers. I say this because at the upper levels people play "consistently" at an average level. That is not necessarily true at the lower tiers. In lower tiers someone might go 9-0-5 last game and come into the next game going 0-15-2. There is a massive lack of consistent skill at the lower tiers but everyone is jumbled together based entirely off win/lose.

The games have literally become a flip of a coin, a 50/50 chance of who has the person/persons who are going to do bad that game. Yes I know we all have bad games but unlike upper tiers it is guaranteed to happen every game in the lower tier. It's not a good game when 1 team absolutely roflstomps the other with little to no chance of coming back even if the winning team throws super hard.

I've spec'd my friend who just quit because in S1-S2 he had an elo of 1600-1700. In the new tier system he is stuck at silver 3 because he can not keep a consistent 75% win ratio to promote himself. He mains top, either teemo or wukong and most of his games his average scores are 10-2 (teemo) 12-3 (wukong). Still the last game he will ever play in league he was 14-0 wukong but his team had failed their lanes so hard mid and bot that even when he managed to secure 2 aces in a row in late game his team was so utterly weak they could only manage to take 1 inhibitor.

The skill levels are the problems and elo hell does exist despite what people try to argue. When a game is decided at accepting because 2-3 players refuse to work well together the 1-2 players who wish to play competitively are forced into a losing game or risk dropping LP or leaving a promotion series.

Cavo

02-19-2013

Sorry, I didn't get my point across very clearly. I wasn't saying that Gold players have those kinds of stats now, I;m saying that when they were climbing their way through the bronze and lower silver tiers they had stats like that because they would carry so hard every game. Everyone has a game like that now and again even at the rating that is competitive for them, but if someone is saying they clearly belong with the higher tier players and they can't consistently put up the same numbers against lower tier summoners, it just means they need more work and that they probably aren't ready to move up a step.

The point about your friend being a 1600-1700 player before s3 and now being stuck in silver 3 doesn't really make sense. They didn't change the way matchmaking works and they didn't change how elo gains and losses work. If he is actually a 1600-1700 player, his hidden rating would reflect that, and he would find it incredibly easy to climb back into gold v. I got a silver border for solo q last season because i didn;t really bother with ranked, it just didn;t mean anything to me. The new system looked pretty cool so I thought i'd do it more often. I was placed into gold 3 because i had around 1630 rating when the preseason ended. I quickly climbed to 100 points and got promoted, to my surprise, to gold 1. It allowed me to skip gold 2 because my hidden rating reflected that I should be higher, and I'm currently battling it out for my seat at the platinum table. I hear they get donuts. My point being, nothing's changed except the way you look at other summoners' progression. if he was a gold level player then he should still be one now. The fact that he actually quit the game because he's in silver tier? I don't understand that at all, if he could quit over that I can't imagine he enjoyed this game that much to begin with and I doubt his being in gold 5 instead of silver 3 would make a difference.

weird erection

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavo View Post
u cant drop from silver to bronze...so thats just not true.
really? ok then explain how it happened... my last game just put me down to bronze v and i cannot get a ****ing good team! http://gyazo.com/aae7ecc2aff3f8c116163b0e84801ef2

Cavo

02-19-2013

The only explanation I can offer you is that you or your friend are full of ****. Sorry. Thems just how it goes.

Also, if you're going to link yourself losing a game you tried to carry, you might want to build your champion correctly, otherwise your just gonna show off why you're still stuck in low elo.

Irish Red Cap

02-19-2013

My friend actually wanted to play competitively and was trying to join a team. However, during the preseason (after season 2 ended) and he played his placement matches, after the soft reset he was placed near 1300 and was trolled 6 outta the 10 placement games he played for pre-season. While trying to work his way out he managed to get up to 1490 but 1490 placed him in silver 1.

The new punishment harshly punished him for being placed in a silver tier. His first game after the new LP was brought in he lost due to an AFK and was immediately demoted to silver 3. After winning 4 games he only had accumulated 19 LP because the hidden MMR had him playing with people who were very far below his skill level. When he finally managed to get on a hotstreak and brought himself back up to 80 points in silver 2. 1 loss dropped him 58 LP. He just got fed up with the extremely harsh punishment and negative reward for being with players below his level.

The ranked system, while it might seem fair for gold and above greatly punishes silver-bronze tier players. I'm currently silver 2. I started silver 1 and have been demoted/promoted 8 times so far. The demotions come because when i get back up to silver 1 and I start at 0 LP it takes only 1 loss and I'm back in silver 2 at 50 LP. However, I've taken to lolkinging all my teammates prior to selecting a champ and I've noticed. If I play draft normals. I'm placed with people who are platinum 5-3 due to my amount of games played and win ratio.

In ranked however, I'm placed with bronze 3-4 players in every 2-3 games. So I've learned if I get a hotstreak I have to quit playing, it means I got my good teams for the day and any games after will always be negative.

They need to fix it so yes, you can be placed with silver 3-5 if you are bronze 1 and so forth. Like silver 1 being placed with gold 5-4. It should not place silver 1-2 with bronze players though, there is a huge gap is skill regarding the tiers. Needless to say the "hidden" mmr system is obviously flawed when regarding bottom tier players.

Cavo

02-19-2013

There is a grace period upon entering a new division. You can lose your first two games without dropping. If you lose 3 in a row upon entering a new division then you will drop. So...Idk what to tell you. Clearly the system is out to get you. Also, I'm not entirely sure why you think the magical world of gold will immediately solve all your problems. It wont. You'd still be playing with the same people you were before, based on your hidden rating.

Irish Red Cap

02-19-2013

I was gold in season 2 and just trust me when I say this. I've played bronze, season 1 new to ranked, played silver, beginning of season 2. When I hit gold, I swear I finally found the skill level of myself matched evenly with teammates.

The moment I hit gold in season 2 games got exponentially easier. Not because I was being carried. There were games where I did very poorly but my team managed to pick up the slack and keep us in the game to at least let me try and make a comeback. However, majority of games I played it was an even skill vs skill match where everyone cs'd well, didn't die for absolutely stupid reasons and actually bothered to ward even if they weren't the support.

I do these things in silver and my team still dies for stupid reasons. I place wards no matter what role i play and i still see people run face first into a bush with 3 enemies while they are alone. At gold people at least have the knowledge to pay attention to the ****in map.

Quote:
There is a grace period upon entering a new division. You can lose your first two games without dropping.
I heard this from support staff too, what i was told was the system no longer gives me a grace period because I started in silver 1 and I've gone up and down to much. So it's basically win promotion series and keep the streak going or i'm right back down into silver 2.

Cavo

02-19-2013

Huh, maybe contact support then, cuz I lost my first game after moving to gold 1 and it didn't drop me back down. But in season 2 when you hit gold, that gold rating was based entirely off your visible rating so you were getting matched up with other people around 1500. The way it works now, even if you get to gold 5, if your hidden rating drops you're still going to be getting paired up with people who are in the silver tier. It's not a huge leap from silver to gold like people seem to think, it's really a very small step with people on both sides of the line still playing with each other all the time. I get people from platinum in most of my games now, and I've gotten people from all the way up to platinum 2 on the other team even though i'm gold 1, that's a 4-division separation but if that's how far his hidden rating has dropped or how high mine has climbed, that's how it's going to be matched up.