Junglers are still starved for gold! :/ (long)

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ozbirta

02-18-2013

Most of the time I end up with the most gold on the team as jungle : /

Farm the sht out of your jungle, go damage early for quicker clears, only gank when you know it's a kill or at least will burn their flash.

Nbur

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sgt Pepper View Post
You don't seem to understand the roll a Jungler plays in the current meta. I don't feel like your comment is very relevant.

I know how to jungle, and i know if it's done properly I am still behind support on gold if the game drags on.
just going to hit and run in your own thread?

youre not even going to try to defend or explain your stance?

just make a general statement QQ thread and be on your way? After telling me a well thought out answer to your whinning and possible opportunity to reflect on what your actually doing in the jungle? Enjoy thinking that the jungle is flawed and that riot is seriously after you as an indiviual.

Hallows Evelynn

02-18-2013

best way to get gold is to gank and get urself a kill. ignore the rage from ur laner that u ksed.

The Sgt Pepper

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nbur View Post
just going to hit and run in your own thread?

youre not even going to try to defend or explain your stance?

just make a general statement QQ thread and be on your way? After telling me a well thought out answer to your whinning and possible opportunity to reflect on what your actually doing in the jungle? Enjoy thinking that the jungle is flawed and that riot is seriously after you as an indiviual.
I was in game, lol.

The point is this.

If as a Jungler, you are farming enough to get a significant amount of gold, you are either not helping your lanes, or stealing kills and gold form your lanes.

A Junglers job is to support his team, by helping them win lanes, not to farm up for large items while letting your team 4 v 5.

If you are playing the role properly, in a way that allows you to win games, and actually advance in the competitive ladder, you are going to have less gold than most of your team the longer the game goes on.

Obviously, there will be games when you get a couple kills early on, and that allows you to build as a carry. In that case, it is ok to take farm from your team. But, in most games, all you have enough gold for is to build tank so you can hold the line for your carries.

If you don't believe me, watch every single competitive match in lcs and you will see that %95 of the time, the Jungler builds nothing but support items and HP so he can survive, and usually has about as much gold as his support.

Riot knows how the jungle works, I don't need to explain it to them. I'm just asking them to make it work differently, to make the Jungle a more gold heavy roll, as it currently leans further towards support.

You are the one who seems to be confused about the situation. If you AFK farm Kayle in the jungle until you have the proper dmg items, you will still do less damage than someone who free farmed a lane, and most of your lanes will have lost. So now you have a Jungler who has 1/2 of a carry build and carries who have 1/2 of a carry build, and an enemy team who won every lane. This may work occasionally, but most of the time you need to help your team in order to win, and not just afk farm the jungle and hope they can win the map 4 v 5.

The Sgt Pepper

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballistixz View Post
best way to get gold is to gank and get urself a kill. ignore the rage from ur laner that u ksed.
The best way to win is to pick the champion who scales best, and help them win lane...

NightFire666

02-18-2013

Have you tried ganking?

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

It's odd. I remember when Riot said they wanted more champs to be able to jungle. S3's jungle has reduced the number incredibly. Sure, with machete, technically more can clear. However, how many champs are consistently picked when you actually want to win? 8?

sergeantpickle

02-18-2013

Lane tax after successful ganks to push to tower so your lane can base.

If they complain, never return for another gank.

Grandpappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
Lane tax after successful ganks to push to tower so your lane can base.

If they complain, never return for another gank.
Do you understand that the jungle is inherently broken when the jungler is forced to stick around in lanes for cs/gold?

The Sgt Pepper

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandpappy View Post
Do you understand that the jungle is inherently broken when the jungler is forced to stick around in lanes for cs/gold?
This guy gets it.

1234567 ... 8