Help with Zed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vatowski

02-18-2013

Zed is seriously one of my fav champs now that I bought him. He has a good damage with his Q, and has a long range if you use his W. I simply love him. Plus if you build a bit of cooldown reduction his ult at level 3 is only around 56 seconds. Then you wreck the adcs who are alone and low health tanks.

Just want to know you guys opinions, would zed be a good bot champ and a solotop champ?
and even possibly jungler?

ChampOfFury

02-18-2013

.... Jungle and top.

ROKAF JE

02-18-2013

^ And mid, and support, and ADC.

Zed can be played anywhere. If you play him bot, it's to absolutely shut down the enemy adc and get fed off the support.

I've played Zed ADC 3 times, and Zed support twice. 5 games, all wins.

Mid is his strongest position.
He can jungle with a tanky team.
He can top against anyone who doesn't stack armor.
He is VERY difficult to carry with. Sniping the APC/ADC is priority, and it's not always easy or guaranteed.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...&highlight=zed
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...&highlight=zed

Source: 1500 elo Zed, 45 games.

uthaiwit

02-18-2013

jungle and mid
zed is very powerful for apc in mid like anivia or veigar etc.
he can do a first blood very quick
his ulti can make u feel mad when he use it
his combo is very powerful
R > W > Q > E > W > Q > E
he can use for solo top too if u r pro
he don't need much hp
he need much energy , atk damage , atk spd , critical damage and chance , cooldown reduction and spd
if u can build this zed ,he can do solo penta kill for sure [ZED IS GODLIKE] > [ACE]
he need hp at less 2500 [for me]
for playing zed u need to know how ,when and where to use his shadow slave
his first skill can use for chase ur enemy away
his slash skill use for kill minion faster
his shadow slave can use as a flash like ezreal
for me zed is
sivir + ezreal + kassadin + shaco + teemo
he is real shadow commander

Telmisartan033

02-18-2013

Zed is so good, solo top you can harass every champ, i like to play against darius and harass him with W, Q, E. and letting him not farm at all

Helter Kremlin

02-18-2013

I play him jungle, mid and top. Those are the places he does best I feel, but that's just me.

Romantic Metro

02-18-2013

Basically what these guys are saying. That being said what makes Zed tricky is his skill cap is high and he has so much versatality to his build. Which do you max first? QWE? All three have legitimate reasons to be maxed first. I tend to do Q or E if I plan on farming for days. His builds the only constant here seems to be a BC but even then.You can build a laster whisper instead of a BC. You can built a BT or a BOTK or two BT. A Frozen Mallet. Warmogs, Guardian Angel, Sunfire Cape, Hex Drinker, QSS, Spirit Visage as a list of viable defense builds. Sword of the Divine and Infinity Edge combo for that crit for your ult. There's a thread on the GD talking about Zed. They say he is awesome fun and has good strength potential but that simply has a kit that contradicts itself oh and his E is getting nerf which really sucks. I would hope they would compensate it with a shorter cd on his W. Anyways have fun with Zed he is awesome and he's probably my favorite main right now. I always feel good playing as him.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...137781&page=21

Zinzon

02-18-2013

I did alot of game where i lost my lane poorly but this champion is just OP. I always managed to comeback and carry the game. But, he has alot of weakness... The first one is AP carry are extremely good vs him at least mid game. Only one item : hourglass... if zed ulti me, hourglass... He then become a useless AD caster because he did no dmg during his ult activation. Other mention: flash out when he ult. You avoid another all his dmg during ult...

According to me he is a one trick poney but extremely efficient at it. Like other mentionned he has a strong kit, huge mobility and insane burst. This burst is welcome to every lane (especially bot). I also noticed that to get a balance between AD/survivability otherwise he may kill one player but die 2 sec later and leave a 4vs4 which is not good.

I must say he is good to stomp with but definitly not a team pick :/

Romantic Metro

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinzon View Post
I did alot of game where i lost my lane poorly but this champion is just OP. I always managed to comeback and carry the game. But, he has alot of weakness... The first one is AP carry are extremely good vs him at least mid game. Only one item : hourglass... if zed ulti me, hourglass... He then become a useless AD caster because he did no dmg during his ult activation. Other mention: flash out when he ult. You avoid another all his dmg during ult...

According to me he is a one trick poney but extremely efficient at it. Like other mentionned he has a strong kit, huge mobility and insane burst. This burst is welcome to every lane (especially bot). I also noticed that to get a balance between AD/survivability otherwise he may kill one player but die 2 sec later and leave a 4vs4 which is not good.

I must say he is good to stomp with but definitly not a team pick :/
I disagree. It really is about timing and efficiency. Zed obliterates by poking then going all in. What I normally do to the mid lane is poke and harass all day while farming. They generally don't get zhonyas till they get other core builds. By late game if they have a zhonyas I just hit some of my abilities poking from the outside till they are either stunned or have used the zhonyas. Zed is a great team pick if you have initiators and he meshes well with a tank. Not just the banned guys either like malphite and mumu who are great, but guys like Jarvan or even Xin right before he knocks them up. Zed is hard to play because he requires timing more than most other champs. I feel comfortable laning him anywhere really. The only time Zed really has a hard time taking effect is if he has to build offtank. Then his damage falls a little. But I don't pick Zed unless I think the team comp is either right or if I feel confident that the team I'm going against only has one true tank and one hard cc.

Zinzon

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMetro View Post
But I don't pick Zed unless I think the team comp is either right or if I feel confident that the team I'm going against only has one true tank and one hard cc.
That's a really good reflex.

But, i dont know why but i never seen good zed that could acutally poke me. It was always me that poke him lol. And the flash tech i mentionned is valid early game. He wont be able to nuke you while you will (usually). (BTW im a heimerdinger player so im not impressed by any match up haha)