LP Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DieMinionsDie

Master Recruiter

02-18-2013

So I am trying to figure out the LP system. I am in Bronze V trying to slowly get out. So I was at 70 LP to start the night. Won a game with the stats of 10/2/3 and got 18 LP. So I was at 99. Then I won a game with the stats of 8/4/7 and got 7 LP to put me at 95. Then I won another game with the stats of 7/9/10 and got 4 LP to go to 99... Then naturally I lost a game with the stats of 2/10/11 and lost 19 LP so now I am at 80. I honestly do not know how I can win games especially one with a +3 KD ratio and only get 7 LP. I have had much worse games and gotten 30 LP. Can someone please enlighten me on how this works?

ChillxIGotThis

02-18-2013

Your KDA doesn't mean anything. It never has and it never will matter when it comes to ranked.

DieMinionsDie

Master Recruiter

02-18-2013

So then what would cause it to be such loop sided LP gaining and losing?

Capt Carmine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

All gains and losses of league points are based on the MMR (Match Making Rating) so if you have a very low MMR the system will give you a small number of league points every win, if you have an MMR that is higher than other people in your league you will get a high number of league points.

So as long as you keep winning more games than you lose you the system will think your better, and you will get more points league points each win.

It gets extra weird when your in either division 1 or division 5, because at 1 it goes slow since your about to get promoted to the next tier, and at 5 it can move slow since you can have a really low MMR rating, it takes a while to think you are good enough to start moving through the ranks

GiPi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeder View Post
All gains and losses of league points are based on the MMR (Match Making Rating) so if you have a very low MMR the system will give you a small number of league points every win, if you have an MMR that is higher than other people in your league you will get a high number of league points.

So as long as you keep winning more games than you lose you the system will think your better, and you will get more points league points each win.

It gets extra weird when your in either division 1 or division 5, because at 1 it goes slow since your about to get promoted to the next tier, and at 5 it can move slow since you can have a really low MMR rating, it takes a while to think you are good enough to start moving through the ranks
Doesn't work like this.

If your team MMR is better than you oponent, you will losse more than normal if you loose the match, cuz the MM think you must to win that game.

oposite if the MMR of your team is lower than your enemy...

DieMinionsDie

Master Recruiter

02-18-2013

Is there anyway to know the teams MMR? Or can you not find it out?