que dodge penalty....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmknDanks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

ok so i am trying to rank up
just got a message saying something about maybe getting out of branze after winning the last game. so i que up again (solo) and then my team just picks all squishy champs against a scary team.... so i dodge... 27 minutes wait time

Granted, i did dodge one other time today, but thats twice. if people dodge in ranked they probably have a legitimate reason and penalizing 27 minutes is ridiculous.
i can see why it would be like that for unranked matches but when it comes to ranked we should get at least less time than a half hour.
thought it was a decent idea and its something LoL should look into.
i wanna get out of bronze....

ChampOfFury

02-18-2013

Not even going to reply with a decent answer. You cant spell at all.

noxToken

02-18-2013

Then I will. If the dodge penalty is reduced, then the dodge rate would be higher than it already is. No one really wants to play with bad players on their side if they're trying to rank up. So if the dodge penalty was lowered to like 10m, then fools would be all over LoLKing checking their mates' match history and dodging up a storm. 2247

SmknDanks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

well first off i can spell just fine and there is even a spelll checker, i just type too fast for my own good, and i do not give a **** about weather or not u care about my spelling.
granted, ppl would doge more but why not just have the time go up each time but at about half of what its at allready.
OR we try and change it to if u were to dodge games IN A ROW then it would go up much higher, rather than skipping one game then u cant skip another all day long because u have to wait 30 mins....
but if u skipped only one.. played the second game. then dodged one after that, because it wasnt consecutive they would be put back to around 10 mins...

if u dodge in a row though then ya ....

SmknDanks

02-18-2013

well first off i can spell just fine and there is even a spelll checker, i just type too fast for my own good, and i do not give a **** about weather or not u care about my spelling.
granted, ppl would doge more but why not just have the time go up each time but at about half of what its at allready.
OR we try and change it to if u were to dodge games IN A ROW then it would go up much higher, rather than skipping one game then u cant skip another all day long because u have to wait 30 mins....
but if u skipped only one.. played the second game. then dodged one after that, because it wasnt consecutive they would be put back to around 10 mins...

if u dodge in a row though then ya, bank that **** to 30 mins......

SmknDanks

02-18-2013

ooops my page wasn't refresh i on accident posted twice

PeacefulNomad

02-18-2013

Dodging jeopardizes the professionalism of ranked games. Anybody can win if they dodge until they are in a counterlane. I personally think the dodge penalty for ranked should be worse but the dodge penalty for normal should be less.

ROKAF JE

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknDanks View Post
ok so i am trying to rank up
just got a message saying something about maybe getting out of branze after winning the last game. so i que up again (solo) and then my team just picks all squishy champs against a scary team.... so i dodge... 27 minutes wait time

Granted, i did dodge one other time today, but thats twice. if people dodge in ranked they probably have a legitimate reason and penalizing 27 minutes is ridiculous.
i can see why it would be like that for unranked matches but when it comes to ranked we should get at least less time than a half hour.
thought it was a decent idea and its something LoL should look into.
i wanna get out of bronze....
You admitted you're trying to create an ideal win scenario for yourself.. This is the exact reason there needs to be a penalty. Nobody will play until they're sure they can win.
The dodge issue when the penalty was removed turned into absolute chaos. 25 minutes in queue... Just kidding! Our mid got counter picked. Better make that 30 minutes in queue.

Why would it be longer for normals than it would be for ranked?
I think that may be a bit silly, considering there's technically "more at stake" and greater inconvenience in ranked.

It's better to just play what comes you're way, or you'll never learn to truly adapt and overcome

ChiefYin

02-19-2013

I too agree that the dodge timer is good but to an extent. I've been playing league for awhile and I dodged one game and had to wait 5 min that's all fine and dandy, but when you dodge twice in a day it gets crazy. Like he said 30 min wait time. I think that riot should look into increasing the wait time by increments of 5 reaching to like and hour before they shut you down for the day.

Romantic Metro

02-19-2013

The penalty time is fine. The LP loss would be fine too in theory. I empathize with those that get trolled hard by someone just being a jerk. Still if there were no penalty people would take more advantage of getting better matchups where they know they can win. Sometimes you just get stuck with what you got. I had a team that literally got counterpicked by everyone on the other team in some form. We were squishy they were tanky with strong ap and ad and a good form of cc. That being said we owned that game because of player skill and team communication. If that penalty wasn't there I bet someone on our team would have dodged because it was not a favorable match up but the penalty (the punishment), and the team communication really kept us strong.