Looking for people to level with as a team, potentially for ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Juggernight

02-18-2013

Hello,
I am currently level 21, but I can't bring myself to queue up solo to get myself past that level because of the people I keep getting paired with. I have gotten to level 21 mostly on Bot games, and with the help of a friend who is level 30 and does ranked games. I really want to learn the game and potentially do ranked games, but when I solo queue, I learn absolutely nothing about the game because I seem to always get stuck with people who are either trolling, or just don't know what to do (as other people in this forum have noted). When I play with my level 30 friend, he gets frustrated with me because, as he says, "At level 20, you should know these things" (like warding, and when to go after dragon/baron). I keep telling him that in the games I play, no one wards, and no one generally understands when to go after objectives, so I don't learn those things, as well as other nuances of the game/meta. I basically end up having to try and carry (or help the random person who might be decent). I'm not here to complain (even though I got some out of my system) as I'm not a rager or someone who feels they are better than everyone else, but I want to try and find a solution as I don't want to have to "learn" the game AFTER I hit level 30 (which isn't even a given as there are bad level 30s too) and just struggle every game up until that point because people can't listen. I'm not great at this game, but I understand the concepts and ideas, and need to practice. However, solo queueing is a sure way to stifle my potential ability as a player.

As such, I am looking for 4 other like-minded people who would want to have a team to level with, with the prospect of ranked games. This doesn't mean we HAVE to do ranked games as a team, or at all (although I would love to have that, but I know I need to play quite a bit more to get to that level), but to learn as a team and play different champs/roles together to grow and learn in the game without the raging and trolls we always seem to cross.

I am looking for people who:
1) Are willing to play any lane/role/champ, not be tied into one place
2) Realize this is a game, and aren't too serious, but serious enough to want to learn and take criticism/suggestions - basically, no raging
3) Possibly willing to buy champs/IP boosts with RP (depends on how serious it ends up being)
4) Doesn't have to play every day, all day, but available enough to get a decent amount of time in every week
5) no raging
6) Preferably no smurf accounts, especially if you have been banned
7) As I only speak English, well, I think that's self explanatory

I don't care what level anyone is, but I do care that they understand the game/meta and basic grasp of how to play it. In short, please don't waste my time by making me teach you that you need to last hit, and that turrets aren't for face tanking at level 1, but don't tell me I suck because I only have 2 rune pages. I know I suck. That's what I'm trying to fix. (Hint of sarcasm if you didn't catch it...)

Having a vent/teamspeak/mumble server would be nice too, as I don't.

If you have any interest, please respond here with your level, your best role (but you need to be willing to play any) and if you feel like it, a reason why you want to, and/or should join me.

I look forward to your constructive responses, and hope we can work something out!

Juggernight

02-18-2013

bump

Dalek Hal

02-18-2013

I think this is a great idea, not sure how many people your level would take this kind of initiative(I sure didn't).

I have a few suggestions as to how you could start learning some of those things. Watch the live streams that are showing on the main page of the game client. Those are generally high level players that will do the fundamental things very well. They have the jungle camps timed to a T and they ward when and where they need to.

Another thing that helps me a lot is using lol replay. Its a free download that will record your games for you. You can watch yourself and anyone else in the game using that. It can help you not only improve your game but it can also help you by giving you ideas about different situations and how you can play them.

Juggernight

02-18-2013

I watch streams all the time. And I understand the concepts, but when I go into a game and there are, as an example, 3 people arguing over who is going to jungle (and I'm not one of them) and then all three take a different camp, it's hard to learn how to play effectively. Unfortunately, things like that happen way too often, and of course, no one takes instruction because everyone but me are experts in this game apparently.

Zinzon

02-18-2013

Play with your friend. If he does ranked, his overall stats in normal should be high enough to avoid most part of the troll. Plus if you have a mind of steel, you will get stomp by enemy (because they have rune and masterie and maybe better skill). Overall it will help you progress because if you can learn from your mistake (i suggest lol recorder to watch your games) you will learn which situation is perilous. Furthermore you will see what a champion can do at higher lvl of play.

Btw you can add me if you want i would love to give you my tips and tricks.

CerberusCRW

02-18-2013

Hey there Juggernight! ^.^

I'm glad to see someone take such initiative and try to form a group of like-minded people. I stopped playing this game a while ago, driven away by the terrible community, and recently came back to play with friends. We've been doing nothing but Bot matches so far, as I couldn't quite stomach the courage to face all of those jerks and trolls that pollute the PvP environment, but ROFLstomping computers isn't exactly my idea of fun, I need a challenge.

I'm a lvl 30 summoner with an understanding of all the basics of the game, but my PvP is obviously rusty and I never really had the chance to put the knowledge into practice. I am, however, eager to learn and enjoy watching the occasional stream, especially if a champion that I play is involved.

At this time, the champion that I would consider "my best" would be Garen, usually played as Solo Top. I also own a few other champions (enough to fulfill any needed role I believe). I love playing support, but I need to learn proper warding.

I don't care much what I end up playing, I just want a friendly bunch to play the game and improve with.

DefNotBlitz

02-18-2013

I'm lvl 20, I'd love to learn more about the game. Add me and we can queue up sometime

Leon Trig

02-19-2013

I'd like to join your group too, Juggernight! Add me in game and I'll see what I can do. I'm in college so I can't play too often but it definitely helps to have a group of other like minded people. Anyone else reading this can add me too; I'm always looking to learn how to be better at this game.

megga hops

02-19-2013

This interests me. the community is really terrible for learning players. ass faces are too vocal, nice guys aren't.

I'm level 30. though i give preference to a few champs/positions, I really have a main for each role. some roles i play more than others.

jungle: shaco
mid: tf. (just got viktor so i'll be using him alot)
adc: trist
support: nunu (just got nautilus and i like)
solo top: garen

Kaikyu

02-19-2013

I am a level 30, with quite a bit of experience, always up for a game when time allows (Which is about 8 hours of my day currently.), and I mainly play ADCs and Mids.
However, I can play anything I am asked to, with the exception of a few champions ive not yet been acquainted with.