Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Matchmaking Fails for Normal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vodka Scene

02-18-2013

I support the above posts

I haven't had a GREAT game in a while its usually

one lane might be winning ok then the other 2 are doing awful and feed constantly

either my team totally dominates everything or we get completely **** on

And i dont want to blame roles or anything like OMG THE JUNGLER WAS AWFUL but when people are just not filling their positions properly or get forced into a certain position they do terrible

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragon1414

02-18-2013

Quote:
hhjkk:
Look at it from this side of the coin...

After putting 1000+ hours into dota 2 I came to try League where the majority of my friends were playing. Seeing as they were all in the 400-1000+ win range I decided I will avoid attempting to play carry role until I was more familiar with the different champions and how their abilities can be manipulated in game.

Throughout my games (still haven't hit the 100 win mark) I primarily played support and have maintained about a 70% win rate in this role.

Now I find I am in the situation where when I solo q I am always the lowest win count in my games, with the majority of people in the 700-1000+ win range (seriously I have not seen someone under 3-400 wins in 30+ solo ques). Makes things a bit frustrating trying to learn new roles (especially trying to learn vlad) when your constantly laned against people with over 5x your win-rate (which may or may not depict their skill but definitely depicts they have more exposure to the game). Now on the bright side of this, I feel I am learning the roles at an expedited rate playing against more challenging opponents that have obviously played them before - so while its frustrating at times there is an upside atleast.

I was originally told that normals take nothing into consideration when matching aside from win count, I simply cannot imagine this being true... if it is, it certainly is not currently working correctly.

You have a hidden normal elo that is what the matchmaking system uses to decide who you should be matched with, as your winning a higher % of your games your raising your elo faster so your playing people with more wins.