Kennen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jakrooski

02-17-2013

Oh man i wanted to see the Kennen : ( welll Kennen is better AP right?

Habimaru

02-17-2013

I play Kennen a lot: AMA

Skill-Cap: I believe his truly "highest-potential" skill-cap is actually higher than most people would rate him (I am at the point now where I actually use multiple different rune-pages & masteries for him depending on the situation/lane-opponent/enemy-team-composition). Now if you're talking about just getting an idea of how to combo his skill-set together then that portion would probably be low-intermediate (but the timing & aiming & knowing when to stun does take practice/experience).

Strong: His team-fight-presence is strong IF he's on a decent team-composition AND IF the opposing team-composition doesn't ****-block your ability to be a team-fight-presence. His W can be used immediately after an auto-attack to harass your opponent after you have it charged. His E gives him a nice way to avoid obvious ganks/harass & makes him move on the map faster (also increases resistances a bit). Not dependent on mana and, depending on your starting items/runes/masteries/etc., a well-played Kennen can stay in lane for a very long time if he's not being out-harassed/out-pushed/etc. Kennen can usually stay ahead & continue to keep the momentum going IF he can get a good lead without falling behind. I don't think most other strengths are worth mentioning. Can mass-farm minions quickly once he has sufficient AP for damage. VERY strong Tele-Ganks IF you use the Teleport-Spell-Style Kennen (the fighting style that I use since I often split-ninja-push followed by Tele-Ganking to my team when they're either starting a fight or have initiated one [but they need to be smart enough to ward for you so that you can Tele-Ninja-Gank]).

Weak: Extremely prone to being countered by Slows/Stuns/Roots. Has issues with running out of Energy if abilities aren't managed (i.e.: spamming E-W-Q a lot). VERY squishy against assassin-mages (I have found absolutely no other way to counter the mid-lane opponents who can 1-2-shot you down at level 1-3 without jungler-help other than simply using a Rune-Page that starts me out with a high amount of MR & Null-Magic Mantle so that I'm not force to recall every second). Silences make Kennen near-complete-useless for the duration of the silence. REQUIRES a LOT of farm to be at maximum-efficiency. Certain champions are able to easily interrupt Kennen from being able to last-hit & thus deny him the farm he needs which can render him useless to his team as a non-farmed/fedless Kennen is basically a "ZERO-DAMAGE" Kennen. Kennen is forced to get into harms way to pull off any full-combo. Cannot mass-farm quickly from a safe distance (unlike, say, Malzahar or Cassiopeia spamming spells at a SAFE distance). Must be careful of how/when his E is used otherwise the enemy team can often focus him down whilst he's helplessly unable to escape due to the Cool-Down-Length of his E.

I will answer any further questions tomorrow but these are the main things I can think of at the moment.

Jakrooski

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habimaru View Post
I play Kennen a lot: AMA

Skill-Cap: I believe his truly "highest-potential" skill-cap is actually higher than most people would rate him (I am at the point now where I actually use multiple different rune-pages & masteries for him depending on the situation/lane-opponent/enemy-team-composition). Now if you're talking about just getting an idea of how to combo his skill-set together then that portion would probably be low-intermediate (but the timing & aiming & knowing when to stun does take practice/experience).

Strong: His team-fight-presence is strong IF he's on a decent team-composition AND IF the opposing team-composition doesn't ****-block your ability to be a team-fight-presence. His W can be used immediately after an auto-attack to harass your opponent after you have it charged. His E gives him a nice way to avoid obvious ganks/harass & makes him move on the map faster (also increases resistances a bit). Not dependent on mana and, depending on your starting items/runes/masteries/etc., a well-played Kennen can stay in lane for a very long time if he's not being out-harassed/out-pushed/etc. Kennen can usually stay ahead & continue to keep the momentum going IF he can get a good lead without falling behind. I don't think most other strengths are worth mentioning. Can mass-farm minions quickly once he has sufficient AP for damage. VERY strong Tele-Ganks IF you use the Teleport-Spell-Style Kennen (the fighting style that I use since I often split-ninja-push followed by Tele-Ganking to my team when they're either starting a fight or have initiated one [but they need to be smart enough to ward for you so that you can Tele-Ninja-Gank]).

Weak: Extremely prone to being countered by Slows/Stuns/Roots. Has issues with running out of Energy if abilities aren't managed (i.e.: spamming E-W-Q a lot). VERY squishy against assassin-mages (I have found absolutely no other way to counter the mid-lane opponents who can 1-2-shot you down at level 1-3 without jungler-help other than simply using a Rune-Page that starts me out with a high amount of MR & Null-Magic Mantle so that I'm not force to recall every second). Silences make Kennen near-complete-useless for the duration of the silence. REQUIRES a LOT of farm to be at maximum-efficiency. Certain champions are able to easily interrupt Kennen from being able to last-hit & thus deny him the farm he needs which can render him useless to his team as a non-farmed/fedless Kennen is basically a "ZERO-DAMAGE" Kennen. Kennen is forced to get into harms way to pull off any full-combo. Cannot mass-farm quickly from a safe distance (unlike, say, Malzahar or Cassiopeia spamming spells at a SAFE distance). Must be careful of how/when his E is used otherwise the enemy team can often focus him down whilst he's helplessly unable to escape due to the Cool-Down-Length of his E.

I will answer any further questions tomorrow but these are the main things I can think of at the moment.

First off i want to say wow you sound like a pro Kennen

second - can i add you and you show me how to play Kennen better? i'm level 9 and am looking for a decent champion and i played in season 1 / beta so i'm not horrible

Habimaru

02-17-2013

Can't say I'd go so far as to call myself pro but I will say that I do main Kennen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakrooski View Post
First off i want to say wow you sound like a pro Kennen

second - can i add you and you show me how to play Kennen better? i'm level 9 and am looking for a decent champion and i played in season 1 / beta so i'm not horrible
You are free to add me but I am about to go to sleep now.
I do have a few LoL-Replay-Recordings that I can upload at some point however.

Blippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Where is Ego Ignaxio? I'm pretty sure he was the world's best Kennen player.

Jakrooski

02-18-2013

Does Ego Ignaxio have videos i could watch? is he pro?

Blippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakrooski View Post
Does Ego Ignaxio have videos i could watch? is he pro?
Ego Ignaxio had over 900 more wins than losses in normals. His normal Elo was so high that queues took him 45 minutes or more.

He has a guide on Solomid, although it's not updated for Season 3. At first, no one took him seriously because he wasn't ranked. To prove his point, he carried himself to 2k Elo with an 85% win rate as Kennen.

Looking at his profile, he no longer has any stats, so he probably changed his name. I don't think anyone knows where he went.

thumbnail9

02-18-2013

Kennen's weakness is exhaust.

Mid Is A Feeder

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dying Dream View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet/popout

Kennen is getting played in the match starting right now if you want to watch it. It's a very rare moment. Kennen hasn't been seen in months.
Past few games where the guy that plays ADC kennen, kennen is banned out.

Izzy Claybourne

02-18-2013

I've actually been playing a Hybrid Kennen mid lately.

Attack spd and Lifesteal runes along with itemization in that area as well.....

It's pretty fun, haven't played enough in Normals to be confident enough to do it in ranked yet tho