Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Which Malzahar is best Malzahar

Ability Power Mage 58 51.79%
Attack Damage Tank 54 48.21%
Voters 112 .

AP or AD Malzahar - Which do you prefer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pregnaloons

02-18-2013

Thanks everyone, seems like there's a pretty mixed opinion, but neither are frowned upon.

Hybrid sounds interesting Nyx, but I've never tried it, will give it a go in my next few games and see how it stacks up. Playstyle is the same no matter what really, and I get the feeling it's not going to make that much difference, he's just generally strong no matter how you build him (6 PD OP).

Could go a thematic frozen/blue item set... Frozen fist, frozen heart, frozen mallet, sorc shoes(or merc for MR), Manamune, and LW... the ice-man cometh? That could work on Nunu/Ashe I guess, in a thematic way.

Wait I guess purple themed items would suit malz the best... Odyns... Abyssal... yomuus... morellos... ROA and I guess CDR boots are the purplest? This needs work and I don't see it happening.

Auryiel

02-19-2013

I think BFT makes AP stronger
With BFT and a Witchcap, popping W under your enemies even for 1 second is devastating

AP Malz is better top than AD, so that's why I think it's superior
Imagine when they are locked down in a fight with CCs flying aroud O_o
Your E, W and Q will shred apart your opponents

ShadowPayaso

01-06-2014

I personally love hybrid malz but its always an issue as to which items would be the most beneficial. Spamming E to peel and then having minions wreck your opponent b/c they always underestimate the power of AD scaling minions. People who think I am trolling always end up getting mad when I dominate lane and teamfights

iPooUnicorns

01-07-2014

Both are equally strong, but only because rito accidentally buffed his minion's AD scaling.

Redeemed In Fire

01-07-2014

Dead malz is best malz

Ariou

01-07-2014

Dat necro

666shadow666

01-10-2014

ad malz, hes my go to for ranked, twisted, 1v1, 2v2, and bot lane dominion.

Jasiwel

01-10-2014

Can't tell if necro, or just Dominion forums.

666shadow666

01-12-2014

just dusted off my ad malz bot lane and im 5 for 5.

666shadow666

01-12-2014

Quote:
ShadowPayaso:
I personally love hybrid malz but its always an issue as to which items would be the most beneficial. Spamming E to peel and then having minions wreck your opponent b/c they always underestimate the power of AD scaling minions. People who think I am trolling always end up getting mad when I dominate lane and teamfights
thats an interesting idea. i had a few long game where i built AA after my manamune and FH. try rageblade as you will ALWAY have full stacks