Which Malzahar is best Malzahar

Ability Power Mage 58 52.73%
Attack Damage Tank 52 47.27%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

AP or AD Malzahar - Which do you prefer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pregnaloons

02-17-2013

And which do you think is more of a threat at the moment?

I personally prefer AD Malz (and still use him as my go-to bot laner), but am seeing quite a lot of AP Malz coming through. Plus Sauron's guide says AP has become stronger in recent patches. I'm just wondering what the general opinion is on which one is more of a threat.

NamKim

02-17-2013

I think due to the recent release of more powerful AP items such as BlackFire Torch and WitchCap that AP is now more powerful. I still play AD Malz because I still think it is a special Dominion-specific build. I know other people can do that on other maps, but I feel that it is most effective in Dominion. Which is why I am stubborn and will always prefer AD over AP.

However, I will not be so stubborn where if building AD will put me at an obvious disadvantage, I will build AP.

Plus, I'm still at the elo where people think AD Malz is a troll build.

But I will admit that I want to try Hybrid Malz. Why haven't I tried him out yet? Laziness. I play League of Legends to procrastinate...but I procrastinate trying out a build...procrast-ception.

lbgsloan

02-17-2013

Hard to say, AD Malz suffered badly from the pen changes since he relied heavily on FH shutting down AD opponents. However AP Malz's killing power still suffers very badly against QSS, whereas it's more of an annoyance to AD Malz. I feel AP wins simply because AP Malz isn't totally worthless top if he needs a switch. AD Malz will cost you the game if he's unable to deal with bot.

FreeGothitelle

02-18-2013

Weren't his voidlings changed to not scale off his AD anymore?
There was some big fuss over it iirc...

NamKim

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeGothitelle View Post
Weren't his voidlings changed to not scale off his AD anymore?
There was some big fuss over it iirc...
Hopefully not or else I feel the need to apologize to over 50 players...

Volandum

02-18-2013

I'm pretty sure they still scale.

FOODFOOD

02-18-2013

They still scale, they just modified the tooltip.

I personally like AD Malz better, just because it plays off of the opponent's ignorance. At my ELO, bot laners barely check whether you're ad or ap until you kill them the first time - they just assume you're ap. I try to play this to my advantage.

I also just generally have more fun as AD Malz. I think if you compared them, AP is probably better, but I don't have as much fun.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

AD mal is better because he is more unique. Theres tons of AP casters out there, ALL of which are helped by the DFG/Witchcap...at least till they were nerfed into the ground.

Mal is fine as AP though he has nothing special about him...unlike Ryze he isnt particularly tanky or spammy. He has no escapes, not much CC except for his ult which CCs him too.

But as AD it opens up a whole new playstyle, kind of like a longer range Yorick.

Volandum

02-18-2013

Well practically nothing has as much damage on one spell as AP Malzahar does on Null Zone, which is AoE too. Malzahar is a classic burst mage, long cooldowns, really high base damages.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Hyrbid allllllllllllllllllllllllll the way.! Manamune, Sorc shoes, tanky item w/ cdr, another tanky item, BFT, Last Whisper!