Feeling Helpless in Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Isno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

I am sure people have made these complaints before, so if you dont care to read this please dont. I personally find that ranked is almost unfair mainly to solo players. People complain that they have to dodge because of trolls, or they lost a game because of someone AFKing/feeding. This post is my general venting about this. If you feel like you need to vent as well, or may offer a good discussion or have any criticisms, please feel free to post too.

Now generally I try to play duo ranked games, but it seldom doesnt happen. I more often play a few solo ranked games and I have the hardest time gaining points or ranking. I am well aware of the multiple ways the internet has offered to gain ranked, but just simply "gaining rank" isnt my point here. I just find myself getting so frustrated that no matter what I seem to do I continuously lose.

I play a multitude of champs and I tend to carry quite often (especially early game or make a strong comeback late game). I can usually adc and never die with the right team, and the same goes with mid. No, I dont think I should be up there playing with the Pros. I do see myself as a Silver 1 or low Gold player, and I am perfectly happy with that. The thing though...in order for me to win, it has to be with the right team. Yes we are aware that this game will have trolls, and yes we are aware that people will AFK. I just want to ask though, why should we get penalized for it?

Ill try to keep all of this shorter and focus on the issue of an AFK. I just played a game, and the last pick was afk, got a random champion, and they were never apart of the game. Now while my team made a great effort and we were strongly winning early game, by 25 mins the game was completely against us. We end up losing and I lose 18 elo. This was because the game decided having an AFK was acceptable for playing and I should be penalized for it.

Everyone knows how most of the times this game does require a competent 5v5. So why are we getting knocked for when that doesnt happen? Dont get me wrong, I do not want to be handed wins. I also accept losing as being natural and has helped me play a lot better. What frustrates me beyond end is that I am stuck in an endless loop of losing either because:
1. I dont play ranked for one day so I am usually put back down as close to 0 points as possible.
2. People decide to feed or AFK from the start or whenever.

So now I am bumped all the way down to silver 5 and cant go anywhere because of generally things that are out of my control. Maybe I should just play draft pick and ignore ranked, or stick to team ranked with my friends. I just like that feeling of having this competitive feel when I play with me or a friend, it is a good and natural high, but I feel like it is constantly ruined by constantly losing because of generally 1 to 2 players. I wish something could be done about this, even though I am aware that the counter to certain solutions would be "well if people would vote theyd vote to not lose elo and so only wins would be counting". That is why I am all for ideas, discussions, and even just hearing other people vent. I appreciate anyone who took the time to read this, and would like to hear your thoughts even if you agree with me or not. Thank you.

GreekAsTheGods

02-17-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3138826

Most of people's complaints about ranked actually come from frustrations at reality not meeting their expectations. Your 1 afk that you cite isn't why you aren't advancing or why you are where you are in terms of league/tier/division/etc. In fact you've probably won games because of afk players as well.

Furthermore, people do win ranked games 4v5. I did so in my first ranked game this season. I outskilled the opponent ADC and knew I needed to press the advantage early before the strength in numbers mattered, and I managed to come out of it with a win.

Being frustrated at being unable to advance is natural. Wanting to blame it on bad luck and external factors is also completely natural. The truth of the matter is though that you gain far more from just focusing on yourself and what you could have done better.

You had an afk. All well. If you really belonged higher in rating you now have even more chance of climbing back up as you should now be placed with people even further below your skill level =) Hope that helps.

blobbert

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

What annoys me is that the term is called Soloque, so you go in by yourself (insert captain obvious picture) yet when you come out 10/0/10 as a carry taking down towers but your team loses because you can't do anything because a simple combo from a fed mid. The point is you lose LP for doing bad. Halo 3 had the right idea of ranking up, they leveled you up for how you did in the game, if your team lost yet you manage to go 10/2 you still earn exp and rank up.

The other problem with this game is balance. This game has overpowered champions like Vi, Xin, and Garen wrecking teams with just health. The overall tankiness is now just health and not even that matters when it comes down to it.

Riot would you please take a look at all of your skill caps and damage ceilings for champions as well as the ranking system and item balance

Dwizle

02-17-2013

Legit post. Bumping.