WHY YOU SHOULD STOP PICKING AKALI IN tt

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KakeManz

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel Logan View Post
I checked your game history too bud:

2-9-5 ranked game loss as Kayle.
9-11-15 victory as Diana.
3-14-6 loss as Garen.

What exactly are you bringing to the table that gives your opinion more weight, ignorant child? You are unranked. Your build orders are sub-optimal. In literally every ranked game you have played, you are the weak link in your team, having the worst score. If I was your team, I'd invest in a better player.

Back to the topic, here's an idea, you don't pick Akali versus bursting bruisers. Wow, original right? If Akali is on the winning side, who gives a **** if they buy a Lantern, you don't intend on running in the first place, because you are 4 shotting their teammates after level 6; even more crazy idea, you don't initiate for your team! WOWY ZOWY!
Yep, it's been a pretty ****ty night I'll admit that, I won't give excuses (not that you'd care to hear them anyways) I've been playing REALLY poorly tonight. and as for the unranked thing, that's lolking being lolking, you know can take a while to update at times.

And well, considering how easily she is counter picked in ranked, even if you get her as a last pick, what're the chances that you aren't going to run into a bruiser that will wreck your ****? and come on, not planning on running at least one lantern or hextech sweeper on your team? Even without facing a stealth champ, they're still a really good item to have, because as I mentioned earlier, they're the closest thing you can get to a ward from the shop, especially good for scouting out a bush that your opponents may likely be hiding in. Not only that but they're relatively cheap to buy so if you can't get it before akali reaches 6, you're done anyways. She's weak pre 6, she can be shut down, she can be shut down hard. People think she just automatically becomes a god at level 6, and if she's fed, yeah, but otherwise, she can be stopped. And well, as mentioned many times now, Diana just fits her role better in TT, she doesn't quite have the damage output, but she has a built in cc that akali doesn't have, she has natural bulk along with a sheild that scales wonderfully.

Oh and don't initiate for your team? Real good. I bet next you're going to tell me not to tower dive at level 1.. Of course you don't initiate for your team, but in order to do anything you still have to get in close combat, and anyone with half a brain will be in a group with their team to focus you down the second you're in range, and throw down stealth revealing mist to make sure you don't get away.

Oh and I seem to have forgotten who I am talking to. THE GUY WHO PLAYS NOTHING BUT BOTS. Talk about me being unrated and a poor player? You're unrated and play nothing but bots. Yeah I'm sure you learn all about the more advance play methods and strategies in bot games. In a normal game going 9/5 as singed is good, in bots it's terrible.

Grinningsphinx

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfaddict View Post
I like I got downvoted by some bad who thinks Akali has any business in TT...

True facts about Morde too, that **** is hilarious, a strong initiate and some aggression = dead Morde. Then I get to say huehuehue.. Another one I have been seeing a lot of is MF and Lux. Two more instant wins.

Twisted Treeline is the land of brusiers, always has been always will be, take that weakass Nidalee **** out of here too. Ahri too, just STHAP.
You must be quite the bad, or youre teaming with them..

Ill agree with bruisers being good but saying MF, Morde and Nidalee not viable? No bro, just no. You need a team that you play with often that knows how to bait, or in nidalees case, poke till you cant defend, then push.

Grinningsphinx

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KakeManz View Post
Yep, it's been a pretty ****ty night I'll admit that, I won't give excuses (not that you'd care to hear them anyways) I've been playing REALLY poorly tonight. and as for the unranked thing, that's lolking being lolking, you know can take a while to update at times.

And well, considering how easily she is counter picked in ranked, even if you get her as a last pick, what're the chances that you aren't going to run into a bruiser that will wreck your ****? and come on, not planning on running at least one lantern or hextech sweeper on your team? Even without facing a stealth champ, they're still a really good item to have, because as I mentioned earlier, they're the closest thing you can get to a ward from the shop, especially good for scouting out a bush that your opponents may likely be hiding in. Not only that but they're relatively cheap to buy so if you can't get it before akali reaches 6, you're done anyways. She's weak pre 6, she can be shut down, she can be shut down hard. People think she just automatically becomes a god at level 6, and if she's fed, yeah, but otherwise, she can be stopped. And well, as mentioned many times now, Diana just fits her role better in TT, she doesn't quite have the damage output, but she has a built in cc that akali doesn't have, she has natural bulk along with a sheild that scales wonderfully.

Oh and don't initiate for your team? Real good. I bet next you're going to tell me not to tower dive at level 1.. Of course you don't initiate for your team, but in order to do anything you still have to get in close combat, and anyone with half a brain will be in a group with their team to focus you down the second you're in range, and throw down stealth revealing mist to make sure you don't get away.

Oh and I seem to have forgotten who I am talking to. THE GUY WHO PLAYS NOTHING BUT BOTS. Talk about me being unrated and a poor player? You're unrated and play nothing but bots. Yeah I'm sure you learn all about the more advance play methods and strategies in bot games. In a normal game going 9/5 as singed is good, in bots it's terrible.

Have to agree...if youre playing bots you should be restricted from commenting on ranked...

Grinningsphinx

02-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfaddict View Post
I will concede that there are non brusiers that can excel in TT. Ezrael comes to mind, he can keep brusiers far enough away and deal some serious damage. Vayne wih a good peel team of cho and nunu for example can do wonders.

My issue with Lux is her long cool downs and the fact that she just cannot dish the damage required to be dominant, not mention her lack of a solid escape mechanism. I will say that with a proper team and a tankier build Lux can be a force, and what I should have said is Lux is not a good choice for solo queue.

I was hinting at AP nid needing to go. There comes a point where her spears are not enough, and if she lacks a serious frontline ( for example someone picked another ranged champ who cannot absorb any amount of punishment) she sort of becomes this useless spear chucker. I cannot count the times where I have been xin/shyv/garen/jarvan/ take your pick where I sit there and beat their towers down because Nidallee dare not approach. So she throws some spears and fails while my team breaks her base.

I agree with Cassiopeia being a beast, but again she requires a strong frontline... no so much as Annie. Annie just dies a lot in my experience. Brands ult is good, but Brand in TT is a walking ult, the rest of the game he is too busy feeding me to do anything. In fact I can honestly say I have never lost a TT where I faced a Brand. Once or twice to Swain but I tend to pick Xin, so all I have to do is wait for his snare to drop and Audacious charge gg him.

LOL at Twitch, I have faced a couple of those guys, feels good man.

However the best comps I have seen have always involved 2 strong tanky dps frontliners and a bursty assassin type AP. For example Fizz is hella strong in TT, Ahri could fit this bill, but you have to be stupid enough to get kited by her. Rumble seems to do well, Ryze because of his ability to build very anti ad and still perform well although he lacks an escape he can tear up anyone who decided to not get some health/mr.

But with the upcoming nerfs to powerful 3v3 champs such as Xin and Amumu things could change a bit.

Corki, Vayne, Graves and EZ are the only ADC's I would really consider for TT... Draven is just too easy to focus and kill, Ashe I mean it's Ashe.

Corki has a generous escape and killer range, Graves has inate tankiness and decent burst, EZ is nigh impossibru to catch when played well and Vayne is the brusier melter... although she is made of paper. I am still weary about her because of her awful early game, in a place where early game champs tend to dominate.

Move speed quints can help her early game..Played a game the other day vs a move speed Vayne and the dude was masterful at kiting....had the reflexes of an asian fighting game kid.

Amumu and xin do not need a nerf as badly as Darius and Singed do.

Desocupado

02-23-2013

You know, you can build defensive items on akali. In fact the very smoke increases your defense.
Add in the effects of her 2 passives (sustain and more damage in auto attacks) and she's a bruiser.

Besides nothing is as sweet as akali + darius

Godshor

02-23-2013

I'm 2-0 in 3s ranked right now with Alistar. If you build him tanky CDR and play a support role he actually is really good. I'm averaging 1.5/7.5/19.5 a game right now. He really isn't that bad. Could someone explain to me what's so awful about him on TT?

Energymonstar

02-24-2013

Reading these posts makes me sad about this community. While Brusiers are dominant, All champions are still viable on the treeline, the problem is you have to rethink your playing style for the treeline. You can not play MF on 3v3 like you would on 5v5, and the comments on here i guarantee are from people just dipping into the treeline, not having any idea that its a totally different game.
I main syndra on treeline and i have a very high win ratio with her, i dont play syndra like i would on a 5's game, but she plays very nice non the less.

The biggest problem with this champs that you guys are saying shouldnt be played is that most people try and just run around and just get kills. Quick pushing and going for the quick victory shuts down alot of brusiers, prevent the ambushes and keep both lanes pressed it gets scary real quick for bruiser heavy teams that cant clear lanes well.

People treat 3v3 like a variation of dominion.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2013

OP mains Xin...then proceeds to tell everyone to stop playing the champions that Xin is supposed to destroy (squishy AP/AD carries) because they are bad on the map.

No, they are just bad against Xin.