Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

WHY YOU SHOULD STOP PICKING AKALI IN tt

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KakeManz

02-17-2013

Quote:
Halfaddict:
I will concede that there are non brusiers that can excel in TT. Ezrael comes to mind, he can keep brusiers far enough away and deal some serious damage. Vayne wih a good peel team of cho and nunu for example can do wonders.

My issue with Lux is her long cool downs and the fact that she just cannot dish the damage required to be dominant, not mention her lack of a solid escape mechanism. I will say that with a proper team and a tankier build Lux can be a force, and what I should have said is Lux is not a good choice for solo queue.

I was hinting at AP nid needing to go. There comes a point where her spears are not enough, and if she lacks a serious frontline ( for example someone picked another ranged champ who cannot absorb any amount of punishment) she sort of becomes this useless spear chucker. I cannot count the times where I have been xin/shyv/garen/jarvan/ take your pick where I sit there and beat their towers down because Nidallee dare not approach. So she throws some spears and fails while my team breaks her base.

I agree with Cassiopeia being a beast, but again she requires a strong frontline... no so much as Annie. Annie just dies a lot in my experience. Brands ult is good, but Brand in TT is a walking ult, the rest of the game he is too busy feeding me to do anything. In fact I can honestly say I have never lost a TT where I faced a Brand. Once or twice to Swain but I tend to pick Xin, so all I have to do is wait for his snare to drop and Audacious charge gg him.

LOL at Twitch, I have faced a couple of those guys, feels good man.

However the best comps I have seen have always involved 2 strong tanky dps frontliners and a bursty assassin type AP. For example Fizz is hella strong in TT, Ahri could fit this bill, but you have to be stupid enough to get kited by her. Rumble seems to do well, Ryze because of his ability to build very anti ad and still perform well although he lacks an escape he can tear up anyone who decided to not get some health/mr.

But with the upcoming nerfs to powerful 3v3 champs such as Xin and Amumu things could change a bit.

Corki, Vayne, Graves and EZ are the only ADC's I would really consider for TT... Draven is just too easy to focus and kill, Ashe I mean it's Ashe.

Corki has a generous escape and killer range, Graves has inate tankiness and decent burst, EZ is nigh impossibru to catch when played well and Vayne is the brusier melter... although she is made of paper. I am still weary about her because of her awful early game, in a place where early game champs tend to dominate.

Pick vi against ez, and post 6, ez will never escape again. Vayne can be good, but you gotta be pro. Lux's cooldowns have always been her weakness, even in summoner's. You just have to keep that in mind, make every ability count, and I mean.. Speaking of cooldowns, what's her ult? Like 2 seconds? maybe 3? That's what it sure seems like. If you do it right, in team fights you may not feel like you're doing a lot, but by end game you should have done most damage to champs on your team. Also, everything I say, will be in more relation to teams, because seriously, solo queue can suck it HARD.

Nid needs backup, that's all there is, on her own she's nothing, but with a decent team behind her, and a good spear throwing ability, that **** hurts. Not only that, but traps, that can't be destroyed and give sight, good for detecting ganks, great for disrupting the enemy jungle.

I've never seen a fizz do good yet, I suppose he'd be safe against a low cc team, but the second he gets caught, it's over. and if you think Rumble just does well, you haven't faced the right Rumble. Rumble is a god. The only APs that are better are Kayle and Singed. High sustained damage, High mobility, Game changing ult when placed right (huge ass range on it too) great poking power for stalling the enemy team at an altar til your team gets there to defend, great bulk, and once you get your rylai's, nobody gets away from you, and nobody kills you.

Graves may be okay, but not great. and yeah, once you get past the wretched early game, vayne is half decent.

KakeManz

02-17-2013

Quote:
She:
akali can wreck on this map. her mobility and burst is really high, it can catch people off guard regardless if you have vision of her or not. not to be mean op, but you've said a lot of bull**** in this thread.

Well in your match history I see ONE game with akali. I look at the enemy team, and their matches, they all look pretty bad. So yeah, akali eats bads for breakfast, that's what I get out of your history. But the thing is, like halfaddict said, rush lanturn. It's cheap, so if you can't get it pre 6, you're doing it wrong. pre 6 akali relies on shroud a lot in order to farm and fight, you take it away and she's done. Best case, she plays passive, loses some farm, and hopefully recovers by late game. Worst case, she feeds, and feeds and feeds, game ends at 20 minutes with her team calling her noob.\

And btw half, go for cass.

Henry Plainview

02-17-2013

Ah, but nobody on my team buys them even if they have Akali or Teemo.

Mavrik V

Recruiter

02-17-2013

Akali is a situational pick designed to eat ranged AD and squishy AP champions. All of the points made in this thread are irrelevant and ignorant. If you need an AP bruiser with the same functionality as Akali, you pick Diana. I'm unsure what OP is whining about exactly.

KakeManz

02-17-2013

Quote:
Gabriel Logan:
Akali is a situational pick designed to eat ranged AD and squishy AP champions. All of the points made in this thread are irrelevant and ignorant. If you need an AP bruiser with the same functionality as Akali, you pick Diana. I'm unsure what OP is whining about exactly.

OR, OR, how about this. To counter squishy ranged, get a bruiser with a gap closer like... Diana.. like you said in your post. If akali is picked, a lantern will be bought, and she will be melted. That's it. Some champs simply don't work in tt because everyone else does their job better. Akali is one of them. OP is whining about idiots picking akali when all it takes is one item, and her early game is done. And it's not like the lantern is an item solely used to detect stealth, you can buy it for more than just that. You know, like a jungle item that gives armour and lifesteal. It's the closest thing to a ward that you can buy, so you can check blindspots such as that bush that all 3 of the enemy champs are hiding in. My god the times I've waited with my team in a bush just waiting for one sorry sucker without a lantern to walk by and give us a free kill. My point is, it's a common item, or at least should be, even when akali or any other stealth champ isn't present.

The fact that you're trying to dispute this shows how little you know, and just for re-assurance, I checked your matches. and to my amazement.. You do great with akali.. against bots.

HaIfhearted

02-17-2013

I'm going to have to disagree with everyone here who says Brand is bad/mediocre.
When I play TT, I always use Brand as my sort of go-to mage.

He has very long range, great damage (and mostly in aoe), and can easily kite must bruisers (I especially love going against Xin/Jax because I know they're never going to catch me unless I horribly screw up)

As someone else said, Vi is a bit of a ***** to face as Brand (or any squishy for that matter), but it just means you have to keep a bit more distance between you and her until she commits to someone else.

Halfaddict

02-17-2013

I am not whining, I am trying to make a point. That point being Akali sucks a big floppy donky dick in Twisted Treeline..IN fact what made me write this is the Akali in a game against me who was talking mad **** about how pro she was and how she was gonna roll us... I then proceeded to buy a lantern, take my spear and impale her upon it roughly twelve times. And laughed all the way to the enemy nexus.

RTBardic

02-18-2013

I agree with the person a couple posts above who said that Diana fills every role Akali might think to have on Treeline.

AP Nidalee's biggest problem is that the single target spear can't be your team's only source of decent magic damage. Nidalee needs to build as a brusier on this map and rely on her cat-combo to kill (and it hits like a truck if you've built AD and health, incidentally).

Lastly, I think that every team should have at least one lantern / lightbringer regardless of the enemy team. Preventing ganks with it is just too valuable.

crobisbak

02-18-2013

Akali and Morde are great on TT

Mavrik V

Recruiter

02-18-2013

Quote:
KakeManz:
OR, OR, how about this. To counter squishy ranged, get a bruiser with a gap closer like... Diana.. like you said in your post. If akali is picked, a lantern will be bought, and she will be melted. That's it. Some champs simply don't work in tt because everyone else does their job better. Akali is one of them. OP is whining about idiots picking akali when all it takes is one item, and her early game is done. And it's not like the lantern is an item solely used to detect stealth, you can buy it for more than just that. You know, like a jungle item that gives armour and lifesteal. It's the closest thing to a ward that you can buy, so you can check blindspots such as that bush that all 3 of the enemy champs are hiding in. My god the times I've waited with my team in a bush just waiting for one sorry sucker without a lantern to walk by and give us a free kill. My point is, it's a common item, or at least should be, even when akali or any other stealth champ isn't present.

The fact that you're trying to dispute this shows how little you know, and just for re-assurance, I checked your matches. and to my amazement.. You do great with akali.. against bots.

I checked your game history too bud:

2-9-5 ranked game loss as Kayle.
9-11-15 victory as Diana.
3-14-6 loss as Garen.

What exactly are you bringing to the table that gives your opinion more weight, ignorant child? You are unranked. Your build orders are sub-optimal. In literally every ranked game you have played, you are the weak link in your team, having the worst score. If I was your team, I'd invest in a better player.

Back to the topic, here's an idea, you don't pick Akali versus bursting bruisers. Wow, original right? If Akali is on the winning side, who gives a **** if they buy a Lantern, you don't intend on running in the first place, because you are 4 shotting their teammates after level 6; even more crazy idea, you don't initiate for your team! WOWY ZOWY!