WHY YOU SHOULD STOP PICKING AKALI IN tt

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halfaddict

02-17-2013

Grez's spectral lantern.

Hextech Sweeper...

turns a 3v3 into a 3v2.... recognize.

KakeManz

02-17-2013

When I see akali, morde, or ali on the enemy team I instantly know I will win. For whatever reason people think these are good picks.

Akali is easily taken out with some stealth detection, morde is shut down early by all the bruisers, and ali... come on guys.. Seriously I shouldn't even have to explain.

Halfaddict

02-17-2013

I like I got downvoted by some bad who thinks Akali has any business in TT...

True facts about Morde too, that **** is hilarious, a strong initiate and some aggression = dead Morde. Then I get to say huehuehue.. Another one I have been seeing a lot of is MF and Lux. Two more instant wins.

Twisted Treeline is the land of brusiers, always has been always will be, take that weakass Nidalee **** out of here too. Ahri too, just STHAP.

KakeManz

02-17-2013

Lux and Nid can be really good in TT you just have to know how to play them.. Sad fact is, barely anyone knows how. It should be VERY obvious that you need to abuse the hell out of their long range, you don't need to be right in your opponents face. Also having the rest of your team as strong melee champs with cc that can lock them down while you burst on their faces is a must.

And yeah pretty much every adc falls short. the only one I've seen do any good is corki, and once again; abuse the **** out of your range and escape. I like when idiots think it's a good idea to play twitch, I have no idea why they would do this, I see twitch more in tt than summoner's.

and ahri? I've never ever seen her in tt, but I assume she wouldn't be the WORST. Not that great, but you know, when is 4 flashes a bad thing?

Martyrofsand

02-17-2013

I agree with Ali, Akali, and MF but Lux easily holds bruisers far enough away they can't use their gap closers, Nid has always been able to wreck bruisers, hense why she's so damn good in top lane in 5v5, perhaps AP nid is the one that needs to go.

Morde is actually pretty good if you know what you are doing. See to many try to just perpetually push a lane and get ganked all day. Clear your wave, farm your jungle, clear your wave, farm your jungle, etc etc and chances are you will have a 10 minute BFT which combined with his ult is just stupid.

As far as "land of bruisers" you are right to an extent, bruisers are extremely strong, but a number of non-bruiser champs are also amazing. Kayle and Cassiopeia immediately come to mind, both of which have a tendancy to melt bruisers before they know what hit them. Annie has also shown potential as well considering the narrow areas are just begging her tibbers stuns. Orianna also loves this map as well as her W and R will pretty much hit entire teams guaranteed in the jungle, brands ult also loves the confined space on this map.

Bruisers are extremely strong on this map, but they are not the be all end all.

Halfaddict

02-17-2013

I will concede that there are non brusiers that can excel in TT. Ezrael comes to mind, he can keep brusiers far enough away and deal some serious damage. Vayne wih a good peel team of cho and nunu for example can do wonders.

My issue with Lux is her long cool downs and the fact that she just cannot dish the damage required to be dominant, not mention her lack of a solid escape mechanism. I will say that with a proper team and a tankier build Lux can be a force, and what I should have said is Lux is not a good choice for solo queue.

I was hinting at AP nid needing to go. There comes a point where her spears are not enough, and if she lacks a serious frontline ( for example someone picked another ranged champ who cannot absorb any amount of punishment) she sort of becomes this useless spear chucker. I cannot count the times where I have been xin/shyv/garen/jarvan/ take your pick where I sit there and beat their towers down because Nidallee dare not approach. So she throws some spears and fails while my team breaks her base.

I agree with Cassiopeia being a beast, but again she requires a strong frontline... no so much as Annie. Annie just dies a lot in my experience. Brands ult is good, but Brand in TT is a walking ult, the rest of the game he is too busy feeding me to do anything. In fact I can honestly say I have never lost a TT where I faced a Brand. Once or twice to Swain but I tend to pick Xin, so all I have to do is wait for his snare to drop and Audacious charge gg him.

LOL at Twitch, I have faced a couple of those guys, feels good man.

However the best comps I have seen have always involved 2 strong tanky dps frontliners and a bursty assassin type AP. For example Fizz is hella strong in TT, Ahri could fit this bill, but you have to be stupid enough to get kited by her. Rumble seems to do well, Ryze because of his ability to build very anti ad and still perform well although he lacks an escape he can tear up anyone who decided to not get some health/mr.

But with the upcoming nerfs to powerful 3v3 champs such as Xin and Amumu things could change a bit.

Corki, Vayne, Graves and EZ are the only ADC's I would really consider for TT... Draven is just too easy to focus and kill, Ashe I mean it's Ashe.

Corki has a generous escape and killer range, Graves has inate tankiness and decent burst, EZ is nigh impossibru to catch when played well and Vayne is the brusier melter... although she is made of paper. I am still weary about her because of her awful early game, in a place where early game champs tend to dominate.

KakeManz

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacredMesa View Post
I agree with Ali, Akali, and MF but Lux easily holds bruisers far enough away they can't use their gap closers, Nid has always been able to wreck bruisers, hense why she's so damn good in top lane in 5v5, perhaps AP nid is the one that needs to go.

Morde is actually pretty good if you know what you are doing. See to many try to just perpetually push a lane and get ganked all day. Clear your wave, farm your jungle, clear your wave, farm your jungle, etc etc and chances are you will have a 10 minute BFT which combined with his ult is just stupid.

As far as "land of bruisers" you are right to an extent, bruisers are extremely strong, but a number of non-bruiser champs are also amazing. Kayle and Cassiopeia immediately come to mind, both of which have a tendancy to melt bruisers before they know what hit them. Annie has also shown potential as well considering the narrow areas are just begging her tibbers stuns. Orianna also loves this map as well as her W and R will pretty much hit entire teams guaranteed in the jungle, brands ult also loves the confined space on this map.

Bruisers are extremely strong on this map, but they are not the be all end all.
Morde just doesn't have the early game damage, or escape to take a gank by himself, even under the tower. and well in "the land of the bruisers" past level 4 or so, nobody really fears a tower if they've only gotta be under it long enough to kill one morde. Also if you follow your strategy, you'd only be able to play morde if you had no jungler, since the tt jungle simply cannot handle more than one person farming it consistently.

And you are very right about annie, brand, and ori having great skillsets for the map. However, brand and annie usually require you to get close enough that you're in danger of getting too close to someone that can close the gap quickly.(as someone who mains vi, I can't tell count the number of times that I've unloaded on an annie to the point where her only option is to use her stun on me alone so she can run away)

And well, ori has a high skillcap, and nobody ever uses her properly (also, suffers from VERY low early game damage, and being very gankable early on. Therefore, likely to be immediately shut down.)

But yeah, Kayle is sorta the meta right now, she bursts so hard, and ult+wooglets+high heal= Kayle doesn't die ever, unless complete noob (also her ult is a direct counter to darius' ult, and who doesn't want that?). And I haven't seen a cass in a while, but in theory she should be pretty good, high sustained damage, easy to build for decent bulk, decent cc (especially if you catch the enemy team right). Too bad I've never played cass, otherwise I'd test it.

Halfaddict

02-17-2013

Kayle can be shut down early on, Id say she's viable as the ap pick along with two tankier frontlines who can peel/ absorb the majority of damage for her. It has been my experience that I win more games with 2 frontlines and one ap.

I am almost to 4800 ip, it's a toss up between ez and cass right now... whaddya think?

She

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

akali can wreck on this map. her mobility and burst is really high, it can catch people off guard regardless if you have vision of her or not. not to be mean op, but you've said a lot of bull in this thread.

Halfaddict

02-17-2013

It depends SHE... Thing is, I rush the lantern... she has no escape and by the time I have that lantern she is not six. Fact of the matter is last game I played vs Akali she fed me twelve kills and never killed me once. I probably will never get to a High elo, I can rank silver and oh so close to gold but alas. But I bet my silver ass could beat you Xin vs Akali top lane in TT any given day of the week.

She cannot take the damage. And your 3v3 Match history tells me all I need to know about your akali game... non existant. Your team seems to consist of exactly what I am talking about here, Trynd, Malph, Shyv, Olaf, Cho...

I totally forgot about Elise, she totally beastmode, probably beat up Akali too.