Jayce Vs Volibear Vs any other champion ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Lonely Ward

02-17-2013

I have around 6000 IP.

I usually play top lane and I enjoy characters such as

Garen, Pantheon, and Xin, and WuKong.

I was curious which character would be better for top lane ?

Also I thoroughly enjoy tanking for my team.

Also if you could list any other champion options that would be helpful thank you.

McFace

02-17-2013

Jayce is super pokey and great at harassing other champs. Voli is a tank......so if you like tanks then get him!

I think jayce brings a better array of skills to the lane, but that's just me.

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Don't waste IP on Volibear. Any other tank is better.

Chronic Diablo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2013

Don't listen to Rokaf... Volibear is great right now.

PrfsrChaos

02-17-2013

With looking at that list of characters that you put in your post I would suggest that you get Jayce:

Though Volibear is super duper fun, and has his cool charge and wonderful kit, he's very kitable similar to that of Garen. However, also like Garen, Volibear was made to be tanky and can do a great job lasting the whole fight and still getting out alive.

However, based on the other champ choices you showed. If you are looking for more of a damage oriented champ, Jayce is the way to go. He is in no way like Wukong who can be very brawl-like (similar to volibear who is very brawl-like) if built tanky. Jayce cannot, and should not be played as a tank.

Jayce can though use extreme versatility to really provide a lot of little services for your team:
He can be a great pusher
He can be a great harasser/poker
He can do a great job initiating
He can do a great job protecting team/carries with his speedboost/disengage
He can serve quite well as a primary carry

Volibear serves a few less roles:
He can be a great initiator
He can be a great carry protector
He can be a great tank
He can be a good high damage brawler

Either way, Jayce has much more versatility in what he can do, how you can build him, and what matchups he can take in lane. Volibear however really can only serve that tank/initiator role whereas Jayce can really carry hard with all of the versatility and intangibles he brings.

I love both champs. Both feel very powerful when playing them.

But in the end, Jayce can do a lot more and generally you can't really go wrong with picking jayce top, that much can't be said for Volibear.