Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Volty @IronStylus My humble Quinn tweak thoughts, if you would please visit & reply

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eyrgos

02-17-2013

1. Harrier target selection and frequency

Quinn's AA is pretty weak early-game, I feel like even with full AD & creep-kill masteries she has trouble last hitting compared to most ADC's- Harrier target selection (the animation) could be a tad quicker and the creep-target choice happen closer to creep-death (5%-10% closer IMO).

2. Burst potential during Tag Team

Burst during Tag Team is fine, one thing I'd like to see is a CD refresh for Q+W+E when you R, it ruins the "opportune moment" to jump in & strike if you've just Q'd & then a team fight breaks and now you're stuck without for Valor Form...

Single-target burst or tower burst is too good IMO: lvl 11 with fair AD, pop R & watch the towers melt, that AS steroid too powerful.

I have a proposed change: change Valor passive attack-component to something like Gangplank's Passive.

In line with above proposed change, I'd additionally propose a change to the W passive & it's interaction with Tag Team... cut the AS steroid in half, but add an equal MS steroid component (a la built-in Furor action). And then, during Tag Team that passive could be "on (active)" for the duration.

These changes would eliminate Tag Team's tower powning potential (which' too great), synergize well with her catch & kill motif, and help her kite/peel which needs it IMO (vault isn't a very reliable escape in the least).

Also, I think doing this- you could slightly improve her base AD & scaling AD.

3. Chasing sustained dps as Quinn (not as Valor)

It's okay, see above proposed change (would help you to sustain damage as you wouldn't feel like you need FM or BoTRK to catch anyone quicker than you and keep damage going when R was on CD)... I think upping her Attack Range by 25 would make it PERFECT.

4. Did you successfully use Vault to escape over a wall?

Yeah I have, I feel like it should go a little bit further, it's very difficult to pull off if you don't have all the time in the world (intense situation, nigh impossible, esp if something interacts with the creeps you want to vault over like enemy aoe)... with above proposed change (+25 Attack Range), Vault range could also improve +25, effectively solving this.

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS INTENSIVE DISCUSSION GOING ON IN THIS THREAD REGARDING POTENTIAL PITFALLS OF THE CHARACTER THAT I BELIEVE NEED ADDRESSING~ PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ THROUGH IF YOU MAY, <3EYRGOS.

Eyrgos

02-17-2013

Also, I'd love people's detailed opinions on these points if you all might!!!

Eyrgos

02-17-2013

EDIT: also, Vault shouldn't follow a flash or teleport- too abusive by opponents.

Eyrgos

02-17-2013

also, why is the Quinn contrast thread in general discussion, how come one hasn't been replied to here- I don't get how this' supposed to work... should I be there?

Eyrgos

02-17-2013

Anybody have thoughts on my thoughts??

Eyrgos

02-17-2013

People?

Lux Eternus

02-18-2013

Quote:
Eyrgos:
People?

Well, you have +3, which means like +300 because this is the PBE server.

I agree generally speaking, with everything apart from your ult change. Her ult needs to be completely revamped imo.

IS162e15f18253dd8207eb5

02-18-2013

Bad points, hope riots team knows better than this.

DLChade

02-18-2013

Quote:
IS18253dd8207eb5:
Bad points, hope riots team knows better than this.

Please dont cut OP down. He is asking for thoughts and ideas, not a chainsaw.

I think that they might have build quin that way on purpose, to fulfil a place that tristana filled a while back-and still sort of does.
I dont think quin/val abilities are any better than hers for tower killing.

I think perhaps instead of increasing the range on the dash/escape (i forgot the name of it) maybe increase the speed of it, so it feels more intuitive. As it stand, if the target have any reaction time, they simply walk backwards and you get trapped with a long chase, similar to vi when she uses her ult, and the enemy flash/other escape (not that it matters really with vi, but just comparing)

Kathetara

02-18-2013

I might agree with some of your posts...but please dont ask for the range increase on Quinn, that takes a lot of skill away from her necessity to position as well as breaks her into the OP range.