What's the relationships between summoners and champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Prototype M IV

02-17-2013

How summoners control champions?It's a completely mind-control or it's like a master and servant relationship?
And when we summon champions,what do we summon in deed?Is that a part of the champion' soul?How could we see 2 Shen or 2 Garen in different teams?
Last question,competing to a champion,how is a summoner's power?Can a summoner defeat a champion?(Champion in the real runeterra world,or in summoner's rift)

Atik L Yar

02-17-2013

I took it more that summoner's issue "suggestions" that the champions are compelled to follow.

Meanwhile, the link also seems to work both ways. During the connection, the two will become more alike. A summoner connecter to Cho might become aggressive and angry, for example.

Keep in mind that lore-wise we wouldn't see two champions on different teams.

As for the last question; it's my understanding that Summoners are VERY powerful mages, but not indestructable. Nocturne and Fiddle have both killed summoners in their lore iirc, and they're stated to be afraid of Cho'Gath. They're powerful, but still mortal.

Prototype M IV

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atik L Yar View Post

Keep in mind that lore-wise we wouldn't see two champions on different teams.
But if you accept that summoners can only summon a small part of souls(or energy,body,etc)from the original champion,to make a "magical clone" of this champion,not summoning the entile one.That can explain why we have same champions in different teams,and why we can "buff or nerf" champions,and why teemo dies 6 million times a day!

Atik L Yar

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype M IV View Post
But if you accept that summoners can only summon a small part of souls(or energy,body,etc)from the original champion,to make a "magical clone" of this champion,not summoning the entile one.That can explain why we have same champions in different teams,and why we can "buff or nerf" champions,and why teemo dies 6 million times a day!
Now you're dragging gameplay into lore, which usually leads to a headache... :P

Levik

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype M IV View Post
That can explain why we have same champions in different teams,and why we can "buff or nerf" champions,and why teemo dies 6 million times a day!
I believe that the only cannon in multiplayer is the Ionia vs. Noxus match that they had a while back. Everything else could be seen as "training matches" for summoners.

I would love to see more lore incorporated into the multiplayer so check out the thread I made. I am looking to people to really discuss these things.

Back to the thread topic: I believe that the relationship between summoner and champion is complicated. The summoner uses their magic to keep the champion from actually dying since summoners were able to revive Karthus after the Malzahar/Kassadin incident covered by the Journal of Justice (I could be wrong though). Summoners also give champions the knowledge of the whole map through wards, summoner spells (clairvoyance), and the sight of other champions. Summoners also seem to bear some of the damage felt in combat (just from watching the season one trailer). I believe that champions could even pose a threat to the summoners who summon them since their minds are basically linked (from the league judgments); specifically champions that are forced to compete in the League or those that are very foreign to human minds (Orianna, Cho'Gath, ect.). I could be wrong about everything here.

Lonjanis

02-19-2013

Yeah they definitely do not summon only a part of the champions soul. They summon the champion fool and through. You have to remember that while millions of games are played in the lore its more like one or two matches a week. Also one of the old JoJ talked about the summoner basically riding in the body of the champion. Thats why they level up in game ( weak i know but thats what it said) as it takes time for the two minds in one body to work together properly.

Shinkut

02-20-2013

summoners summon the champion they share the same mind mmm it is like a voice and summoner tell him hey! i will unlock u the ability and champion can said flash now and stuff like that. champions who are in the field have their skills and power limited they cant use their whole power, and summoners job is to protect his champion thats why champions respawn cuz the summoner revive them. NO a summoner cannot beat a champion u should read nocturn's lore. yes summoners have a powerful magic mabyeeeee they can beat human champions but... na its not possible