LEveling up is literally impossible.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yourcatmolested

02-17-2013

Everyone under level 30 is so beyond stupid it's not even funny.

I'm level 20, and just want to give up the game completely. Between autolocking, people just not knowing how to play, etc, it's just too much. I don't know how anyone enjoys this game anymore.

ROKAF JE

02-17-2013

Just lock and play what you want..
Under 30 doesn't really matter, there are barely any junglers.

My suggestion is to start a support page for 30 (Gold runes!) and you'll be able to dominate despite having CS stolen constantly

SeCKS Egai

02-17-2013

I have a level 6 - I'm finding very competent players mixed in with one or two clearly outclassed. I'm typically getting teamed with and against people several levels higher.

You realize you can level up through AI as well. If I really don't want to deal with the drama of pvp, there's always co-op or custom, albeit they have limited timers, 3 hours and 2 hours respectively.

Yourcatmolested

02-17-2013

Like, I've been playing support sona from level 15 or so, and I usually duo with my buddy who's also my level. I know the games dont mean anything, but I have an XP per win boost, and we win maybe 2-3 games a day, and we play most of the day. We just get so frustrated at the lack of experience and knowledge and stop.

I'm not saying I'm pro, or that anyone else needs to be. But at level 20, people should start understanding the meta a bit, knowing who goes where, what champs not to mix (as in, if an ADC is taken, don't take another ADC or something bot). It's to the point where I no longer want to level up anymore and just don't care about the game.

Fate000

02-17-2013

I like to do Co-op too. I find the atmosphere there is much nicer then in PvP, by far, so I do bot games more often then not.

Co-op typically does not have anybody who rages, intentionally (or not) feeds, etc. etc.

Yourcatmolested

02-17-2013

Don't you get far less EXP/IP from bot games though?

We're playing to build up IP aswell, and I'm pretty sure after a certain amount of wins you no longer get IP from bots per day.

Yourcatdead

02-17-2013

I think so.

The thing that really gets me is the non-English speaking players. Riot really needs to offer FREE transfers to other servers.

SeCKS Egai

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post

We're playing to build up IP aswell, and I'm pretty sure after a certain amount of wins you no longer get IP from bots per day.
After level 10 or so, xp/ip reduction kicks in.

Based on my experience on my new level 6 (7 wins/2 losses), you'd definitely level more efficiently through co-op/custom.

As I stated earlier, you get 3 hours (180min) of co-op time and 2 hours (120min) of custom time where you can earn xp/ip.

You're already high enough to be getting reduced rewards, but you'll find that those games go much faster and are much easier to control the tempo. Level 30 INT Ai games are usually 25-30min and customs will basically go on as long as you let them. If I run a beginner game on my 30 its very likely to go under 20 min.

Even after just hitting level 6 on my smurf, norm games are already averaging over 30 minutes. Most of my norm/ranked games as a 30 are well over 30 minutes.

Fate000

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun Bastard View Post

Intermediate games give the same XP/IP until you are level 20, at which point there is a 10% reduction, and at level 30 there is a 25% reduction.

But if you play normals, and lose, there is a 50% reduction... which should happen about half the time... so it averages out in the end.

Most people forget that since bot games are shorter, you get less IP per game. And the limit is at three hours, I think. Who plays League for three hours straight? Not me, that's for sure.

Yourcatmolested

02-17-2013

I'm not going to play bot games to earn severely limited XP/IP, since the point is to level up and build IP.

I guess I'll just take my chances and attempt to keep carrying the teams.