Akali or Twitch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Harbin

10-28-2010

Akali beats Twitch in a fight, but it's up to you.

sbudeeG

10-28-2010

Twitch is fairly easy to counter. Akali is not. When you start getting really good at her, there wont be a person in the game you cannot kill. One of my personal favorites.

SuicidalPankake

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
Twitch beats Akali.

Life steal + AS + E = gg

Akali has a lot of burst damage, but then there are cooldowns.
Exhaust would like a word with you.

Yimie

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by deMorphine View Post
Twitch beats Akali.

Life steal + AS + E = gg

Akali has a lot of burst damage, but then there are cooldowns.
>implying E is not burst damage σ_σ

Anyway, Akali is way better than twitch, even though I love him. My friend usually mains Akali, and 9/10 he will win the match. Twitch's 1.5s until stealth has gotten me killed a few times, because it takes so long to go invisible and they'll keep on chasing.

Whereas Akali's instant invisible makes it incredibly hard to track her and chase her down after you've whittled her health away.

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-28-2010

If Akali is stealthed, it's pretty obvious she's standing somewhere in the smoke bomb. If Twitch is stealthed, he could either be breathing over your shoulder or at home watching the world series.

Her Shroud is really good for juking, but your opponents do tend to know you're somewhere in the cloud of smoke.

The God Ghetto Holy

10-28-2010

If you're thinking 1 v 1, you're playing the wrong game, unless you're in a practice messing around with your buddies. The question is, how can you help the team destroy the enemy base the best?

Akali is a badass late game assassin once you get some items (Early if you can pull it off, but generally late). Much more so than twitch. However...

Twitch can eat a whole team in a team battle if things are setup right. He can also move about the map pretty well. Oracles can find you, yes, but he can start attacking people barely in their sight range to use it which means they aren't going to see it coming anyway.

As for twitch vs akali? I have yet to die to a twitch 1 v1, is it possible? Probably. It just hasn't happened.

I say decide your play style. If you have a lot of patience, twitch, if you have a mentality you just want to faceroll late game, akali.

dorne

10-28-2010

If you liked akali mate then you'll love twitch. He's hard at first but got the hang of it (latest game was 13-5-9 iirc), sometimes death is inavoidable but there is a 90% chance you can get a kill before doing so - trick is to not go for an early kill just harass and farm, harass and farm and I stay in lane till 13 or so with a lot of failed ganks (had good team mates calling mia a lot, hard to come by!) by that time I've raked in enough for zerker boots + IE and when I have them, people start praying .

Gotta admit though akali is a lot of fun too, so hope you enjoy her for a bit - save IP for twitch I recommend him!

dorne

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by The God Ghetto Holy View Post
As for twitch vs akali? I have yet to die to a twitch 1 v1, is it possible? Probably. It just hasn't happened.

I say decide your play style. If you have a lot of patience, twitch, if you have a mentality you just want to faceroll late game, akali.
Mehhh theres next to no chance for twitch to beat akali 1v1, unless twitch has the jump on her (which is more likely 'cause she doesn't have stealth 85% of them time). They are different assasins - twitch focuses on a bugger load of damage but in a short space of time whereas akali can drop a squishy in a very short space, even if she reduces twitch to about 30%, she is more likely to finish that 30% before twitch can do 100% - if that makes sense?

But as you did clarify - this is a team game so paying attention to what characters are good 1v1 is a pointless thought, I like mowing down 5 people with my ulti ^^

dorne

10-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reekuza View Post
>implying E is not burst damage σ_σ

Anyway, Akali is way better than twitch, even though I love him. My friend usually mains Akali, and 9/10 he will win the match. Twitch's 1.5s until stealth has gotten me killed a few times, because it takes so long to go invisible and they'll keep on chasing.

Whereas Akali's instant invisible makes it incredibly hard to track her and chase her down after you've whittled her health away.
That's because you're doing it wrong - idea is to mow one bloke down in the space of 3 seconds (usually the squishy at the back of the pack) and run off quickly, or save your ulti, position yourself so you cans trike 3+ players at a time and signal an attack - they won't stand a chance. My favourite carry any day (although akali is v good at picking off runners at the back of a pack also, but that means your team is doing 4v5 most of the time 'cause she is daaaamn squishy).

dorne

10-28-2010

Also at level 18 E hits upwards of 400 so stacking that up on a few players with ulti takes about 2.3 seconds (assuming stealth + ulti popped = 2.5 speed) onto the damage you're already doing to the whole team - it adds up, especially for just one little rat