Lore to Books? Mhm.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reckless Lamb

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase2426 View Post
The burglar goes by C if I remember correctly from her judgement.
I also wish you good luck, when you finish you should just walk right into Riot and claim the job that is rightfully yours.

Also you probably already saw this but http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=256575 has everything pretty neatly organized to pick out lore stuff from.

Thanks for the link and support. ^^

Reckless Lamb

03-28-2013

Still feeling passionate and strong about this! - ^ - b
Nothing new to report though (has been a gypsy for the last month and a half). But, I got this. Don't fret.

BriBrii

03-28-2013

Hi, I haven't met you before and this is one of my first posts here (I lurk on the forums generally), but I like your idea. One of the things I love to do with games though is give the characters a bigger, more developed backstory and write stories of their interractions and adventures together. I like this idea a lot, I hope it works well for you :] It'd definitely help me formulate ideas on what to write, and it'd be cool if you paired the characters who have history (Morgana + Kayle, Twisted Fate and Graves) together in their lore so people could read it side-by-side to get an idea of it, because going through the lore in the Champions page is scattered and kind of impractical.

blurredmongoose

03-28-2013

I think Riot should just add a small amount of lore to the summoner showcase. It's a simple way for the lore to be sent to the masses and relatively inexpensive and easy to do.

Reckless Lamb

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriBrii View Post
Hi, I haven't met you before and this is one of my first posts here (I lurk on the forums generally), but I like your idea. One of the things I love to do with games though is give the characters a bigger, more developed backstory and write stories of their interactions and adventures together. I like this idea a lot, I hope it works well for you :] It'd definitely help me formulate ideas on what to write, and it'd be cool if you paired the characters who have history (Morgana + Kayle, Twisted Fate and Graves) together in their lore so people could read it side-by-side to get an idea of it, because going through the lore in the Champions page is scattered and kind of impractical.
That's exactly what I'm doing! I've been compiling where champions have traveled to see where they could have potentially crossed paths with other main characters as well as lore that's already stated who they're related to, romantically involved with, interacted with, etc. Its not going to be a series of short stories like the judgements, but a story that'll flow seamlessly from one champion to the next while including key characters such as the Summoners and other political figures mentioned.

It shall be glorious. I just need free time and physical working space! Soon. Soon. Soon.

Reckless Lamb

04-08-2013

In the League Lore, would you think someone participating as a champion would have a bounty on their heads pardoned or would champions still be held accountable to the law outside the League? I believe its the latter...

Would you think they're magically branded to be summoned to the fields of justice? Someone told me Ez is summoned by the crystal on his glove, would it be unique to each champion how they are summoned?

Somehting

04-08-2013

I think it would be unique to the type of champion as to how they would be summoned. A champion like ezreal is an exception because of the magic in the crystal on his glove, but champions from the void, probably just appear. I don't want to pigeon hole you however, it's interesting to think about how a prisoner champion such as fiddlesticks is summoned or a champion from the shadow isles.

In answer to your first question twisted fate does have a bounty on his head and obviously has some sort of political immunity because graves had to join the league to continue to chase him down.

Reckless Lamb

04-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somehting View Post
In answer to your first question twisted fate does have a bounty on his head and obviously has some sort of political immunity because graves had to join the league to continue to chase him down.
Ah, that's a good point. Hm... That would be relevant only to each city-state, right? I'll have to look into that more..

[3:26:49 PM] Ameretto: I think people who join the League have all prior crimes wiped away or something
[3:26:52 PM] Ameretto: Though I'm not 100%
[3:27:28 PM] Fodder: Joining the league is like signing a temporary peace treaty outside of the institute of war.
[3:27:55 PM] Fodder: It's why Demacia and Noxus aren't in too many wars. Their war leaders are all in the league.
[3:28:12 PM] Fodder: well, it's at least one of the reasons :/
[3:28:54 PM] Sylvok Leah: What about crimes they commit while in the League?
[3:29:51 PM] Fodder: Not sure there :/
[3:30:07 PM] Ameretto: I think the institute handles that.

Reckless Lamb

10-27-2013

Anyone know the name of Miss Fortune's ship?

Terra D Serph

10-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckless Lamb View Post
/Cracks fingers.

I just gotta get my toes in and find a good spot to start. I've read through all the champion lore, going through the wiki for all the politics and then I'm hitting up the Journal of Justice. Was there anywhere else that League Lore is written?
Also proofread among friends (that know the lore) to make sure you didn't accidentally rewrite a character for whatever reason. It happens a lot in game-to-book novels. Make sure the characters you write about stick to their journeys and don't randomly pop in places where they're not supposed to (ie Sejuani randomly appears in the middle of Bandle City shouting "FOR THE FRELJORD!" :P)