How many win should I have in normal before I play ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malza

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLRMercedes View Post
someone told me once that I need at least 400 wins so my MMR would look better, thus I would meet less trolls.
I'm under 400 normal wins and plat division 3. So that isn't really true.

Plus normals don't effect ranked anyways.

Atreiyu

02-17-2013

hit 30, play ranked.

It was what I did, and I'm plat now wooo

Kittycrusher

02-17-2013

honestly my advice is just do ranked, it's almost no different than normal games when you first enter except people are more competitive, just have a mindset that is willing to learn

actually complete 2 rune pages before you do pref an AD and an AP/sup page because you can kinda cheat for adc and top with AD page and some junglers and AP you can do mid and SOME junglers

there is no elo hell

Morgan FreeFarm

02-17-2013

There is no definite answer. Wins =/= Skill. I've played people who counterpicked me in normal draft with 1500+ wins and still beat them in lane.

Freon160

02-17-2013

Play ranked once you are proficient with 1 or 2 champs in every role, and have rune pages set up for your most played roles.

Prinz Sirrus

Recruiter

02-17-2013

You should have a flexible champion pool and be able to fill any role. Being a jack of all trades helps tremendously in solo/duo. Once you feel you have mechanical skills down (which you should by level 30), then you should dive right into ranked. Best way to learn

Mordepool

02-17-2013

Doesnt matter about wins if you can play all roles decent obviously you will have your favourite and aim for that but if u cant jungle / cant support LEARN pls for your own sake

VengefulMarv

02-17-2013

Have a decent pool of champions that you can play well. Have runes and masteries set up for these. Make sure that you can play things other than the obvious op picks/bans. Saying you play support doesn't work if the only thing you play is blitzcrank. Saying you can jungle doesn't work if you can only play amumu. Learn to cover at least 3 or 4 of the roles and know several champs for each. If you can cover support, then you DEFINITELY are ahead of many players.

IS125249a956a4be4299b23

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreiyu View Post
hit 30, play ranked.

It was what I did, and I'm plat now wooo
same here

ViSuoLize

02-17-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofowl2 View Post
Wins aren't always a good measure of "when am I ready for ranked?"

Before taking the plunge into the toxic cesspool of ranked play, make sure you have a selection of champions for each role so that you can attempt to get good matchups and be generally versatile.

Also it would be optimal to have at least 5 runes pages; one for each "role".
This. Honestly i didn't start playing ranked till i had over 1k games lol or probably little under that but i wish i had started sooner. Just make sure you can play every role decently and knowing at least 2 chars per role is another thing cause your champ may get banned.