Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot: Amumu Nerf Feedback, Your taking Power from the Wrong Places

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Mana Potion

02-17-2013

Amumu main piping in here about the current PBE changes to him. I am a long time player, taking him both support and in the Jungle. I have played him hundreds of games in both roles, and am a firm advocate in his viability in BOTH. I would also like to see him remain that way.

I agree that Amumu needs tweaking, even slight nerfs (he truly is not OP, especially not after all the nerfs he has seen so far). However, you are taking power from the wrong places, and not really addressing what makes him strong. and here is a hint...its his ult.

You need to redirect power from his ult to either give slight buffs to the rest of his kit, or at least leave it the same, yet at the same time not breaking him or destroying his viability as either a Jungler OR a support.

Instead of what you have planned, here are my proposed changes:

1) Nerf Ult radius by 50 or 75
2) Give his ult a 1 second "wind up" Where it functions either like Jax's stun, or Varus' Q.
and what I mean by this...is either when you activate the ult, he charges and releases it after 1 second no matter what, OR he charges it for one second, and you can hold the button to release it whenever you want up to X amount of seconds, much like Varus' Q. You could even make him glow as he is charging and when it can be released.
3) Leave the base damage the same, its not what makes this ability strong.

Now his ult is not instant and has much more counterplay attached to it, as well as requiring more skillful use (less AoE, not instant unless pre-planned, and people can see when he is actually planning to use it) he cannot hold it forever now, and has the potential to waste it with poor timing.

With those, you can add a tad bit of power to everything else, giving him a solid kit with a strong ult, rather than broken one. Or just undo the nerfs to his other abilities, that would be fine for now as well.

For example:

Passive: Very boring, and there are a couple things you can do to make it a bit better. Right now actually I think fiddlesticks has the passive Amumu SHOULD have. Anyway, in my perfect world, this is how it would read:

Cursed Touch: Amumu's spells reduce the enemies magic resist by 8/12/16 for 2.5 seconds, while his auto attacks reduce the enemies armor by the same amount for 2.5 seconds.

If not, I would be happy with it just doing one or both the following:
1) Let all his spells innately benefit from the reduction, whether he auto-attacked them or not
2) Let his spells apply the debuff, rather than the auto attacks

Either way, just something I would like to see, but not really important.

Bandage Toss: Reduce the base cooldown at early ranks (but max rank cd stays the same). Leave the base damage and scaling alone.

Despair: More or less fine. Maybe make the base damage true damage (since its such a small amount) but leave the % as magic damage. Of all the abilities we can leave this one alone

Tantrum: Leave the radius the same (was a pointless change to begin with). Double the auto attack damage blocked (or increase it) against champions, making it an overall better defensive steroid in lane without altering his jungling at all.

In closing, I want amumu to continue to be a viable pick in the jungle OR as a support without being broken or perma-banned. These changes take power from his ult in healthy ways for the game (adding both thought, planning and counterplay) while leaving a properly executed ult just as devastating.

This allows you to either keep the rest of his kit the same, or adding small additions or benefits to improve his power slightly elsewhere. At the very least, do the nerfs to his ult, but leave his base damages the same while considering the other changes.

GiottoXIII

02-17-2013

i like these suggestions and i do agree with them but i do think his tantrum can be a bit much at times coupling it with despair it leaves amumu decepetively tanky without much trade off in other areas... I think there needs to be an applied nerf on his ult / tantrum while simultaneously buffing his Q cd/ and his despair mana usage

Faptain Teemo

02-17-2013

Pretty spot on. This would make Amumu still a good pick but not "OMG BAN PLS" material. The current counterplay is just to spread your team a part, but that's not really healthy as the enemy team can just stay grouped and focus on an isolated member of your team.

GiottoXIII

02-17-2013

bump this needs attention Amumu is in either a state of OMG instaban this champ

A Mana Potion

02-17-2013

Thats all I want....Amumu to be viable in the jungle and support, and off the permaban list. I want strong, not broken. He is one of my favorite champs, I just want to be able to play him in something other than normals sometimes!!

A Mana Potion

02-17-2013

bump

A Mana Potion

02-18-2013

bump

A Mana Potion

02-18-2013

bamp

TheBluezer

02-18-2013

i'll agree he's strong and a game changer but true damage is not needed, the mana cost for his tears being reduced would be a fine enough buff if they changed his ult to your suggestion and riot should have left tantrum range alone, i saw no reason in that change.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

02-18-2013

Simple remove the blocking auto-attacks. That way there's counter play, as melee u'll have to get ahead of him to continue to attack him so he doesn't just ult and run away.