Don't worry, we'll win late game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stillnotCampir

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexkitty420 View Post
Campir just can't make comebacks in League because he's an awful team player.
Not true. LOL teamfights don't require any coordination outside of "peel for the adc/mid". I do this in teamfights while killing the enemy team. There's nothing more to it.

sammich kek

02-18-2013

Late game teams are an actual thing... and solo queue is always unpredictable. You have a point that letting every dragon go uncontested is an issue, but there's always the possibility the enemy team will throw teh game away in solo queue. It's stupid to bank on it, but there's always a chance.

It's certainly better than the players who just spam surrenders and berate their teammates.

ProbabIyTerribad

02-18-2013

What about baron steals?

stillnotCampir

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by humble duck View Post
Late game teams are an actual thing... and solo queue is always unpredictable. You have a point that letting every dragon go uncontested is an issue, but there's always the possibility the enemy team will throw teh game away in solo queue. It's stupid to bank on it, but there's always a chance.
Another person that thinks sheer luck is a viable strategy.

stillnotCampir

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexkitty420 View Post
What about baron steals?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpir View Post

etc etc.

Anyways I won this thread.

vcadoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Luck from your perspective, but being capable of catching the enemy team on a mistake is more about being outplayed imo.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
Luck from your perspective, but being capable of catching the enemy team on a mistake is more about being outplayed imo.
Every enemy team is going to make a mistake or mistakes at some point past 20mins, it's how you capitilise on this which determines your success in solo queue. Don't pretend like the enemy team isn't gonna fvck up at some point, you just have to be in the right positions to capitalise.

Ssraeshza Tvyl

02-18-2013

Quote:
This is a myth. First of all, I'm just going to point out that banking on the enemy team making a massive game-losing mistake isn't a strategy or a mechanic, it's sheer luck.
I'd like to point out that capitalizing on a mistake that the opposing team makes is in no way related to luck.

Arguing otherwise is pure unadulterated retardation.

Quote:
What about baron steals?
Smite Stealing Nashor is probably the only real "play" that a single player can make that will turn around a game.

Very different from HoN or Dota where a good player can change the flow of the game often.

sammich kek

02-19-2013

Quote:
Yes, because right after the bit you highlighted I totally didn't say "Don't bank on it". It's more of a backed into a corner typed situation in a ranked game. I would rather play it out and hope to make plays/the enemy team screws up than just surrender.

If you just surrender every game as soon as the odds are no longer in your favor you will never leave bronze.

stillnotCampir

02-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza Tvyl View Post
I'd like to point out that capitalizing on a mistake that the opposing team makes is in no way related to luck.

Arguing otherwise is pure unadulterated retardation.
In every ranked game that I've played with you that we've been even remotely losing you've tried to force the surrender. Oddly enough, you've never said "don't worry guys, the enemy team might forget to ward baron and 5 man farm bot lane". Capitalizing on an enemies "mistake" doesn't put you in the lead unless the enemies team "mistake" was so ridiculously substantial that they have no hope of recovering.

There are no "comeback" mechanics in LOL aside from baron steals (which require certain niche champions to pull off) and stalling the game for 45 minutes until everyone on your team has 6 items.

This isn't a bad thing it's just how the game works. I have actually adopted your mentality of forcing surrenders if my team is down. It's far more effective to start a new game than it is to pray that the other team throws.