Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

"Both teams have an equal chance of getting afk's/trolls so matchmaking is balanced."

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hashinshin

02-17-2013

Every time I cross the road I have the same chance to be run over as everyone else does.

Lets just ban roads then. I mean, we can't be 100% on it so doesn't anyone see the problem here?

Morgan FreeFarm

02-17-2013

Too long, didn't read. Matchmaking is fine.

Colbyjack7

02-17-2013

I'm on my own team. I do not intend to AFK/Feed my lane. I now have a 5:4 chance for the other team to have an afk/feed as opposed to my own. Seems like I have a better chance than the other team. Going even in lane means you are at your True MMR. How to expect to raise MMR unless you are actually better than who you are facing?

KnightxSScarlett

02-17-2013

Sure. I'll bite.

1. Riot cannot control random factors such as people going AFK. You may try to argue that Riot should make a system that handles these events without penalizing those that did not go AFK. Riot can try, but such a system would be abused if not done properly. So if they're making such a system, you won't see it until it's finished.

2. Got a problem with trolls? Riot already has that solution. Tribunal will sort them out. "Tribunal doesn't work". Well, Riot probably doesn't have the manpower to sort through every "troll" case, so it's probably your best bet. If it were not for Tribunal, I guarantee there would be many more trolls running about.

3. Luck is a key aspect in every game. The matchmaking system tries to set you up where each team has a 50% chance to win. That is, matchamking tries to find 2 evenly skilled teams to play. Now, in the case where both teams are evenly skilled, what determines who wins? You have a "mirror match". If two evenly skilled players both play Ryu in Street Fighter II, with an infinite time limit, how do you get a winner? Someone has to get lucky. Whether you're playing MtG, Monopoly, Life, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, etc.

4. I think if you play the new ladder system for another few months, you'll find it to be more rewarding than the old system. Give it some more time.

PurePhoenix2013

02-17-2013

Quote:
hashinshin:
Every time I cross the road I have the same chance to be run over as everyone else does.

Lets just ban roads then. I mean, we can't be 100% on it so doesn't anyone see the problem here?

No you don't riofl. That's the dumbest thing i've ever read. Chances at being hit are decreased by;

1. Checking both ways
2. Using your ears.
3. Avoid crossing near intersections and blind corners.

I have a significantly lower chance to be run over compared to you, because i actually use my brain.

You can't do that with LoL MatchMaking because you hold zero part of the decision making process.

Also, the law of large numbers doesn't exist. It's fake. There are plenty of cases of it not being true, so stop calling it a "law" when it's clearly an opinion and has no factual basis to it whatsoever.

Parahawks

02-17-2013

Quote:
Mageinta Warrior:
Sure. I'll bite.

1. Riot cannot control random factors such as people going AFK. You may try to argue that Riot should make a system that handles these events without penalizing those that did not go AFK. Riot can try, but such a system would be abused if not done properly. So if they're making such a system, you won't see it until it's finished.

2. Got a problem with trolls? Riot already has that solution. Tribunal will sort them out. "Tribunal doesn't work". Well, Riot probably doesn't have the manpower to sort through every "troll" case, so it's probably your best bet. If it were not for Tribunal, I guarantee there would be many more trolls running about.

3. Luck is a key aspect in every game. The matchmaking system tries to set you up where each team has a 50% chance to win. That is, matchamking tries to find 2 evenly skilled teams to play. Now, in the case where both teams are evenly skilled, what determines who wins? You have a "mirror match". If two evenly skilled players both play Ryu in Street Fighter II, with an infinite time limit, how do you get a winner? Someone has to get lucky. Whether you're playing MtG, Monopoly, Life, Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, etc.

4. I think if you play the new ladder system for another few months, you'll find it to be more rewarding than the old system. Give it some more time.

I'm not complaining at all about trolls/afkers. I have acknowledged they will exist and It's just by chance that it happens to either me or the enemy team. I'm saying the old system was better because even if you got leavers/trolls in the long run you would be ok.

As for the third point, luck should be minimized in all games. Unless you are playing poker or something revolves around luck. LoL is an extremely competitive game and riot hates rng. They should had random luck in promotion series too.